2013 Rubi JKU, Auto Tranny, No 4.10's?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone build a Rubi JKU lately on the Jeep website? I was just messing around and it wouldn't let me configure a Rubi JKU with both an automatic transmission and 4.10's. :thinking: Have they gone and changed something again?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's wierd. I can't imagine Jeep getting rid of the 4.10 option. Did you make sure to select the tow package? That might be something they would do.

JeepFan

Hooked
Recently I was on the Jeep site and it let me build a jk with 410s. I did select the tow package in the process.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure if there is a way around it, but standard rubicon is with 3.73. At least just now on the site.

If you get the anniversary edition, 4.10's. Sucks for us, but pretty smart on Jeeps part. You want the better off-road "package," you need to go 10th ann version and an addition 5K.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
When I was looking to buy my 2012 you could only get the 4:10 in the manual transmission.

I did many different configurations and I was never able to put that gearing in the automatic.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JeepFan

Hooked
I'm on the Jeep site now and it lets me build a JK with 5 speed auto and 410's.

Because of this thread I have the bug to buy another Jeep. Thx guys!!! Lol!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Anyone build a Rubi JKU lately on the Jeep website? I was just messing around and it wouldn't let me configure a Rubi JKU with both an automatic transmission and 4.10's. :thinking: Have they gone and changed something again?

You can do it, but you have to select pink or purple first. Sorry.

JKBANDIT55

Hmmm, I remember reading somewhere that Jeep only offered 4.10s now in Auto rubicons. But not manuels. But I could be wrong. Like I said, I read it somewhere and it could have been false info. Although I hope not. I think 4.10s would be a good set up to run with 37s now with the new engine:yup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get it to let me have the auto and 4.10's. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362541890.043427.jpg
I tried doing it with the max tow, still wouldn't let me.

It could be a glitch on the site...probably would work just fine if u went to a dealer and ordered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chiromancer

I'll confirm '13s coming with 3.73 gears, as my JKUR has 3.73s. Though there was one in black that had 4.10s and that was a 198$ option.

Going back, I think I would have gotten 4.10s, live and learn! I got the most banged up undercarriage of a '13 unmodded JKUR in central Texas! I should post pictures... Hmmm

Edited out a portion of the stupid

Last edited:

woggie

It could be a glitch on the site...probably would work just fine if u went to a dealer and ordered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

This. A buddy of mine just picked up his first Jeep a '13 JKU Rubicon with 4.10s. It was a $174 option. He went through the dealership and had it built to spec.

Told him he needed to drop by and give us a wave :D

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

my guess is that its a website error...Just picked mine up from the dealer last week (built two weeks ago) with the 4.10 option.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just tried again, same error. You can configure a 2-door with 4.10's and an auto tranny though, so I'm guessing it's a website glitch. If you order a JKU, make sure you pay attention so you don't end up an unhappy customer.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just tried again, same error. You can configure a 2-door with 4.10's and an auto tranny though, so I'm guessing it's a website glitch. If you order a JKU, make sure you pay attention so you don't end up an unhappy customer.

It's because they know you are going to want 5.13s anyways when you go to 37s. :thumb:

Top Bottom