Dynatrac PR44u | Upgraded DANA 44 | ATX Beadlocks | 37” Coopers

devwil68

I'm looking to step up to Dana Spicer Ultimate 60 axles and 40s in the very near future. I will be selling my current axles setup along with wheels and tires from my 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited. Below is a part list of what will be removed. Located in Houston, Texas

Front Axle:

(+/- 10k Miles an a Rubicon Trail run)
- Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited (.5" Wall tubes) w/ welded synergy trackbar bracket
- 35 Spline RCV axle shafts
- ARB Air Locker
- 4.88 Yukon Gears
- Integrated Synergy Drag Link Flip Kit
- Synergy Ball Joints
- Stock JK wheel ends/bearings
- Stock JK brakes
- Spidertrax Spacers
- 1310 yoke
- Sun Coast Drive Shaft

Rear Axle:

- Stock Dana 44 housing
- Nitro Upgraded axles shafts and bearings (10k Miles)
- Dynatrac Dif cover
- 4.88 Yukon gears
- Teraflex Big brake upgrade w/green stuff pads (10k Miles)
- Spidertrax Spacers
- Stock Drive Shaft
- EVO MFG lower shock brackets
- Rock Krawler Track Bar Bracket

Wheels/Tires (25k Miles + 3-4 trail runs):

- 17" ATX Chamber Pro II Beadlocks
- 37x13.5x17 Cooper STT Pros

I am sure that I may have missed something but if there are questions, please let me know. This setup is over 12k to replicate in just parts. The PR44u and the supporting modifications are an amazing setup for someone to run 37s confidently. This setup will concour the Rubicon and give you the confidence to take on any trail. I built it for reliability and to take a beating. $9500

Attachments

• AA518D73-F7E9-4B74-BDC8-D6BAAB0A4B0F.jpg
    AA518D73-F7E9-4B74-BDC8-D6BAAB0A4B0F.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 473
  • AAF849CA-E8D7-4771-818C-3F307A5BBFF9.jpg
    AAF849CA-E8D7-4771-818C-3F307A5BBFF9.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 1F9133E6-B1E1-4A4B-93BC-33BC4B8E086B.jpg
    1F9133E6-B1E1-4A4B-93BC-33BC4B8E086B.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 494
  • 31D2BEA6-7577-4398-8FEA-A78A867A2326.jpg
    31D2BEA6-7577-4398-8FEA-A78A867A2326.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 8C63C249-F392-4C1E-8108-42599632D922.jpg
    8C63C249-F392-4C1E-8108-42599632D922.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 517
  • 8DEDC45F-AE93-4DBA-ACBB-A71766880356.jpg
    8DEDC45F-AE93-4DBA-ACBB-A71766880356.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Why buy Dana Ultimate 60’s when Dynatrac’s are the same price?🤷*♀️

After seeing them and seeing them in person and how them being wheeled and the abuse they can take and reading about the failures, their failures are all due to poor quality control. if I were to buy UD60s I would inspect them my self: weld the tubes to the housing, inspect the welds on the brackets, check the torque on all the bolts on the wheel ends. the UD60s are better axles on paper, you basically get an XD60 front with the Dana package, it has 1550 u joints, larger ring gear and 3.5” tubes, and the rear is nearly identical to the rear Pro 60 that comes in the Hardcore package from Dynatrac which is in the same price range. You shouldn’t have to do all those things after spending that much on axles but I still did a once over on my Dynatrac when I received them.

devwil68

After seeing them and seeing them in person and how them being wheeled and the abuse they can take and reading about the failures, their failures are all due to poor quality control. if I were to buy UD60s I would inspect them my self: weld the tubes to the housing, inspect the welds on the brackets, check the torque on all the bolts on the wheel ends. the UD60s are better axles on paper, you basically get an XD60 front with the Dana package, it has 1550 u joints, larger ring gear and 3.5” tubes, and the rear is nearly identical to the rear Pro 60 that comes in the Hardcore package from Dynatrac which is in the same price range. You shouldn’t have to do all those things after spending that much on axles but I still did a once over on my Dynatrac when I received them.

Wow...I have been researching quite a bit of this between Dynatrac, Currie, and DANA...Saw the Hard Core Package and was looking to get a PR if I went with Dynatrac. Bang for the buck just screams from the UD60s.

If I had my druthers, I’d have the XVR60 setup but that’s another 2.5k or so and you don’t get driveshafts.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Wow...I have been researching quite a bit of this between Dynatrac, Currie, and DANA...Saw the Hard Core Package and was looking to get a PR if I went with Dynatrac. Bang for the buck just screams from the UD60s.

If I had my druthers, I’d have the XVR60 setup but that’s another 2.5k or so and you don’t get driveshafts.

Have you researched all the Dana 60 failures? There are a good number of issues people have had with them. You won’t find those issues with Dynatrac.

Measuring for drive shafts should be done at ride height and at full droop. Do they just send you off the shelf drive shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Have you researched all the Dana 60 failures? There are a good number of issues people have had with them. You won’t find those issues with Dynatrac.

But that’s not to say there are no issues with Dynatrac axles, and we probably don’t hear anything about it because the customer service is so good. Dana on the other hand has no warranty and your up shit creek when you have an issue so you will be outspoken about it, and Dana has probably sold more axles so you will hear about more issues.

Measuring for drive shafts should be done at ride height and at full droop. Do they just send you off the shelf drive shafts?

Not necessarily, I ordered rear Adams Driveshaft for the for a 2012+ Auto w/3-6” of life for the UD60 axles and it fits perfectly with my Dynatrac Pro60, JKs aren’t one of a kind.

devwil68

But that’s not to say there are no issues with Dynatrac axles, and we probably don’t hear anything about it because the customer service is so good. Dana on the other hand has no warranty and your up shit creek when you have an issue so you will be outspoken about it, and Dana has probably sold more axles so you will hear about more issues.

Not necessarily, I ordered rear Adams Driveshaft for the for a 2012+ Auto w/3-6” of life for the UD60 axles and it fits perfectly with my Dynatrac Pro60, JKs aren’t one of a kind.

Well said. I’ve also seen that you likely need to upgrade the break booster with the UD60 to get the performance out of the larger breaks. I’m on the fence about the QC Issues too. Larger quantities being made can bring about a great margin of error, but do we know how hard most of the axles were being pushed too? Were they V8 swaps or what? Tough decision!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

So... why purchase Dana?

Glad they worked for you, most driveshaft shops measure up your driveshaft instead of just handing you one off the shelf. Sure, JK’s are not one of a kind, but suspensions are all different. Coil overs provide more travel than a regular spring shock suspensions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
So... why purchase Dana?

Because they are an option to consider, and shouldn’t be dismissed so quickly just because “Dynatracs are the same price”, they aren’t BTW. The specs on them are better than the Dynatracs at the closest price point and can be as reliable.

Glad they worked for you, most driveshaft shops measure up your driveshaft instead of just handing you one off the shelf. Sure, JK’s are not one of a kind, but suspensions are all different. Coil overs provide more travel than a regular spring shock suspensions.

But when you don’t have a drive shaft shop to do that for you, you just order one and more than likely it will work for you. unless you’re positioning the axle in a non factory location , doing a stretch, then there shouldn’t be an issue. A coilover is just a shock with springs on it. If you run a shock of the same length as a coilover and an appropriate spring you will have the same amount of travel as the coilover. The only advantage a coilover has over a shock and spring is that you don’t have to worry about unseating a spring* and the spring popping out and adjustable ride height.

Top Bottom