Hello from Western Washington

prionic1

Hey there everyone! Waving from Seattle.

Just got rid of my '07 Liberty after a deer strike pushed it over the edge of what I'm willing to do to keep it going. It was a good Jeep and far more capable than I thought it would be. So it's gone and has been replaced with one of the last of the last new JKU Rubicons. I've been wanting one of those for a long time now. :D

Looking to meet some folks, learn a lot and hopefully get out and use a Jeep for what it's designed for with some quality folks. I've never been much of an off roader (I do love it though), although I did take the Liberty on a few pretty decent trails (alone, which wasn't smart) but managed to pass everything just fine and have a great time doing it.

I've only ever driven an Auto Trans off road, but wanted to get a Manual this time around, so I'm going to need to get out a take some small steps towards learning to drive a manual on the ruts and rocks. Just driving a manual again is taking some getting used to. Last manual I had was a Volkswagen GTI VR6, lol... world of difference in the feel.

prionic1

Are there any "Locale" pages to the forum? I'm not seeing any. Just wondering if there was a way to quickly shout out to others in your area to see if there were quick and easy meet ups or anything like that. Maybe I just need to look harder. Looking... :)

prionic1

Welcome from Socal... Congrats on the new JKU.. [emoji1360]

Seems like so many folks here on WAL from SoCal... Has me thinking that the next time I have to go down there for work, I should just drive instead of taking the plane and spend the weekend out wheelin'... :D

prionic1

Welcome from Lake Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hello there! Another WA member! :)

I've started compiling a list of the members from WA as I run across them on here. So far I've found found 7. Going to see if we can build a little bit of PNW community strength here. It sucks going out on trails alone. I mean, I do enjoy solitude, but getting stuck on your own, well that's no good. Had that happen once to me not even wheeling, just on a forest road and the battery went dead dead... took forever to get out of there.

prionic1

Howzit.....

Things are well. Just breaking in the JKU and trying to figure out what it is that I want to do with it in terms of use case and then trying to determine what things I will want to change on it in order to best suit those needs as in do I want to be more of a rock crawler or mudder or more of an overland type vehicle... regardless it needs to be a daily driver so I can't get too crazy with it, but I want to be in a rig that is prepared for getting unstuck or helping others get unstuck and otherwise be capable to go out and explore mostly WA but possibly going out to other parts of the US on occasion. But between work, young kids, and house in dire need of several projects getting done... it's going to be a bit of a slow road, lol.

Top Bottom