Thread: 06 lj

Fresh Catch

06 lj

Bought my first Jeep. An 06 wrangler unlimited LJ. What are some of the first things usually done to start going off road or on trails?

Tom Q

High clearance cross member and gas tank skid.... cross member skid is like adding a lift, ground clearance and break over and the gas tank skid because the fuel pump is in the tank and the factory skid caves in easy.

Congratulations also.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Yep, what he said. Some sort of tummy tuck to bring that giant shovel up a little higher.

Hmmm idk if I would spend too much money on an aftermarket gas tank skid... I have slammed mine about... well every time I come off a ledge and it is still holding up perfectly. Only has scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Good check of fluids, tune up if needed and check for solid recovery points front and rear. Recovery gear. Check / replace tires, get out and wheel. Learn the jeep and it’s capabilities and establish a game plan as you learn it’s limits.

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Find a friend with recovery straps, winch etc and go out on a run

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app