Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WAYALIFE CB BAR Jeep JL Wrangler Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

WAYALIFE CB BAR Jeep JL Wrangler Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

While I have used a Cobra 75WXST in a few of my older Jeeps and still use portable Midland 75-822 from time to time in my Jeep JL Wrangler, what I've really been wanting to do is install a full size CB Radio, much like a Cobra 29. Only problem is, Jeep made it very difficult to find a place and a way to install something so big or at least, not without having to drill and or cut into the nice interior trim. Needless to say, I've given this a lot of thought and finally came up with something that I'm happy with.

As you can see, the mount I designed and made is 100% bolt on, as in, there is NO DRILLING or CUTTING required and it allows you to install a full size CB Radio above your head and located between the driver and passenger seats.

Here you can see that the CB Radio sits above the rear view mirror allowing it to still be used and that the mounting bar sits far enough back to allow the sun visors to still be rotated down and without any issues.

I also made sure that the mounting bar wouldn't interfere with the Freedom Panel latches.

And of course, the Freedom Panel locks clear the mounting bar as well.

My mounting bar is strong enough to support the weight of a full size CB Radio and yet has a small enough profile to not obstruct your view of the sky.

And there you have it, my solution to installing a full size CB Radio in a Jeep JL Wrangler. What do you think?

UPDATE : The WAYALIFE CB BAR is NOW AVAILABLE!
    Click on the link below to buy yours today!
    https://www.wayalife.com/store/prodd...d=PARTS-CB-BAR

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    I dig it! It is sort of cool that it is still early in the life of the JL so sometimes you just have to work something out yourself.

Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I dig it! It is sort of cool that it is still early in the life of the JL so sometimes you just have to work something out yourself.

Nicely done!
    Thanks! I have little doubt that someone will copy what I came up and sell it as some kind of an original idea sooner than later. And, truth be told, I probably would have bought it had it been available.

Great Idea! How did you attach it to the Roll Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Great Idea! How did you attach it to the Roll Bar?
    That was the trickiest part of the whole thing. I had to make mounting brackets but to make it work without cutting or drilling took some problem solving.

Nice, I like it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's cool, I like the look of the CB there. Great job.

WAYALIFE JL WRANGLER Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

I dig it a lot
    Are we getting full write up on the install one day

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice Job Eddie.

I have been staring at mine trying to figure out mounting places for stuff. So far, Ended up putting the fire extinguisher on top of the drivers rear fender so you can reach it from the door opening. I prefer it on the side of the drivers seat like on my JK, but didn’t see the room on the JL.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast