WAYALIFE CB BAR Jeep JL Wrangler Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I have used a Cobra 75WXST in a few of my older Jeeps and still use portable Midland 75-822 from time to time in my Jeep JL Wrangler, what I've really been wanting to do is install a full size CB Radio, much like a Cobra 29. Only problem is, Jeep made it very difficult to find a place and a way to install something so big or at least, not without having to drill and or cut into the nice interior trim. Needless to say, I've given this a lot of thought and finally came up with something that I'm happy with.

As you can see, the mount I designed and made is 100% bolt on, as in, there is NO DRILLING or CUTTING required and it allows you to install a full size CB Radio above your head and located between the driver and passenger seats.
20180710173922-ee5b575d-me.jpg

Here you can see that the CB Radio sits above the rear view mirror allowing it to still be used and that the mounting bar sits far enough back to allow the sun visors to still be rotated down and without any issues.
20180710182422-91fab30f-me.jpg

I also made sure that the mounting bar wouldn't interfere with the Freedom Panel latches.
20180710172521-235d1e17-me.jpg

And of course, the Freedom Panel locks clear the mounting bar as well.
20180710172523-8bd9a510-me.jpg

My mounting bar is strong enough to support the weight of a full size CB Radio and yet has a small enough profile to not obstruct your view of the sky.
20180710181757-1580d4bb-me.jpg

And there you have it, my solution to installing a full size CB Radio in a Jeep JL Wrangler. What do you think? :cool:

UPDATE : The WAYALIFE CB BAR is NOW AVAILABLE!
Click on the link below to buy yours today!
https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

:thumb:

boardsurfer

I dig it! It is sort of cool that it is still early in the life of the JL so sometimes you just have to work something out yourself.

Nicely done!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dig it! It is sort of cool that it is still early in the life of the JL so sometimes you just have to work something out yourself.

Nicely done!:thumb:

Thanks! I have little doubt that someone will copy what I came up and sell it as some kind of an original idea sooner than later. And, truth be told, I probably would have bought it had it been available. :crazyeyes:

Andy5160

Hooked
WAYALIFE JL WRANGLER Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

I dig it a lot
Are we getting full write up on the install one day [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Nice Job Eddie.

I have been staring at mine trying to figure out mounting places for stuff. So far, Ended up putting the fire extinguisher on top of the drivers rear fender so you can reach it from the door opening. I prefer it on the side of the drivers seat like on my JK, but didn’t see the room on the JL.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Nice solution! I’m sure it will be copied. Well thought out! It’s what you do!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

lbstreet66

Awesome!

So this is your chance to put together the parts and instructions and sell them! I have just bought my first Jeep (JL Rubicon), and I'm completely in love. There are so many things I want to do, and CB is high on the list. You may have solved my issue of how/where to mount it. So if you put together a kit and instructions, you can make extra money off me!

Thanks for all of your helpful tips, and great videos!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool, I like the look of the CB there. Great job.

Thanks! It took some figuring out to get it up there and not block the mirror and still work with all the Freedom Top panel latches but I think the end result is good :)

I dig it a lot
Are we getting full write up on the install one day [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

That's the plan. :cool:

Nice Job Eddie.

I have been staring at mine trying to figure out mounting places for stuff. So far, Ended up putting the fire extinguisher on top of the drivers rear fender so you can reach it from the door opening. I prefer it on the side of the drivers seat like on my JK, but didn’t see the room on the JL.

Jeep did a great job with the interior of the JL Wrangler but in some ways, they did too good a job. Finding places to mount stuff has been a challenge for sure.

What did you do for an antenna mount setup?

For now, I just made a mount that attaches to the tire carrier and has a flat plate on it. The last time out, I used an antenna with a magnetic base and put it on it. Surprisingly, it worked crazy good too. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Looks good!

Did someone delete my post?

Not sure what post you're referring to. I just checked your post history and prior to this, I show that you haven't made a post since 05-04-2017 :idontknow:

If the Top is open and the sun is burning, will it be cool enough?

Not sure why it wouldn't be. Hasn't been a problem with CB's I've run like this in the past on my JK's. Rain is a different issue altogether though :crazyeyes:

Nice solution! I’m sure it will be copied. Well thought out! It’s what you do!

The mounting brackets is what will take some figuring out but yeah, I'm sure of it.

So this is your chance to put together the parts and instructions and sell them! I have just bought my first Jeep (JL Rubicon), and I'm completely in love. There are so many things I want to do, and CB is high on the list. You may have solved my issue of how/where to mount it. So if you put together a kit and instructions, you can make extra money off me!

Thanks for all of your helpful tips, and great videos!

I've actually had a few people ask about this mount and I may look into having them made. :cool:

Top Bottom