Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Axle upgrade ..

Iím using Robert Kobal (RK Haus) from Yorba Linda . He came highly recommended from other jeepers . Spoke with him and he will be sliding in the sleeves and welding only at the ends . Heís confident it adds strength to the axles although not sure how much . It wonít weaken . Figure at this point itís better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Maybe go with 1350s over 1310s if you think 37s are in your future.
    I'd go 1350's on 35's. I had a trail upgrade to a 1350 when my 1310 grenaded the t-case yoke and CV joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Iím using Robert Kobal (RK Haus) from Yorba Linda . He came highly recommended from other jeepers . Spoke with him and he will be sliding in the sleeves and welding only at the ends . Heís confident it adds strength to the axles although not sure how much . It wonít weaken . Figure at this point itís better than nothing

I believe the reported added strength is 20 or 30% if I remember correctly per manufacturers specs. But as previously mentioned you'll be limited to the Rubi elocker as you won't be able to run the required axle shafts for an ARB.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I'd go 1350's on 35's. I had a trail upgrade to a 1350 when my 1310 grenaded the t-case yoke and CV joint.

I believe the reported added strength is 20 or 30% if I remember correctly per manufacturers specs. But as previously mentioned you'll be limited to the Rubi elocker as you won't be able to run the required axle shafts for an ARB.

Are Rubi e lockers an issue ? Do a lot of people end up changing to ARB? I was hoping to keep using those indefinitely .

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    .......but if youíre like everyone else youíll end up upgrading your axle down the road anyways so consider it money saved.
    Q: if youíre upgrading in the future would you be able to move Prosteers into the new axle? Or are they stuck once they are pressed in to the old one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go View Post
    Q: if youíre upgrading in the future would you be able to move Prosteers into the new axle? Or are they stuck once they are pressed in to the old one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Prosteers can be moved. That's why I'm putting them and 1350 chromoly shafts into my rubi 44 axle. If the housing takes a poop, I'll put all that stuff into a pro rock 44.
    2015 JKU Rubicon

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    I skipped the sleeves after seeing how invasive the install is. They drill big holes all through the tube of the axle in order to plug weld the sleeves to the tubes.

I did the c-gussets. I'm installing pro-steers when they arrive next week along with revolution chromoly axle shafts.

I geared to 4.88 when I was on 35's and loved it (on a 3.6 engine). Now that I'm on 37's, kinda wish I had done 5.13, but it's only a 180rpm difference in the end.
    I did 5.13 with my 37s. Best choice Iíve made so far.

Are Rubi e lockers an issue ? Do a lot of people end up changing to ARB? I was hoping to keep using those indefinitely .

Anything can break or fail. I wouldnít worry about the e locker.

Axle upgrade ..

Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    Debatable, when mine bent, the tube was pulling out of the diff because the plug welds broke.
    Not sure how sleeves would prevent that, nor let me drive home.
    Iíve seen plenty of bent axles and every single one of them were able to be driven, so thatís my point.

Iím also sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Synergy ball joints. While they may not be as serviceable as the Dynatrac ball joints, Iíd hardly condemn them. Even the Dynatracs will wear and fail at some point the same as any ball joint. Iím only suggesting to the op that the money heís already spent isnít a total waste.

Last edited by Exodus Jeeps; 07-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

The factory lockers are pretty good and there are parts available for them now should they need servicing. The only real reason to upgrade is to switch to 35 spline.

Axle upgrade ..

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    But as previously mentioned you'll be limited to the Rubi elocker as you won't be able to run the required axle shafts for an ARB.

I seem to recall that, when I looked into it a few years ago, OX made a 30 spline locker for the front Rubicon housing. I havenít checked recently though ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast