What are people using to paint their bumpers and fenders?

SilverBack775

I got poison spyder bumpers and fenders in raw form. Thinking about painting them myself, wondering what others have done and used? Thanks!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I’ve used Rustoleum and clear coat over the top with good results in the past. I prefer powder coat over rattle can now since it’s really not much more expensive and more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I use self etching primer then VHT or Dupicolor flat black engine paint.... Touch up is easy... takes a instant spray wax well, seems more fade resistant and seems to get tougher in hot weather, but that could be in my mind.

SilverBack775

I use self etching primer then VHT or Dupicolor flat black engine paint.... Touch up is easy... takes a instant spray wax well, seems more fade resistant and seems to get tougher in hot weather, but that could be in my mind.

Well I’m gonna give it a shot anyway. Thanks a lot![emoji106]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
NO ONE said bedliner? Why are you using a flat paint? Bedliner will look nearly identical to textured powdercoat :idontknow:

SilverBack775

Thanks for the input! I’ll try it!

Do not spray rustoleum bed liner on raw metal without a good primer first. My flat fenders completely rusted in one year just rattle bombing them with it. Doesn’t protect well at all, need a real primer.

BaddestCross

Do not spray rustoleum bed liner on raw metal without a good primer first. My flat fenders completely rusted in one year just rattle bombing them with it. Doesn’t protect well at all, need a real primer.

☝️ This. They'll have some rattle can self-etching primer right next to that bedliner. Also get some metal prep to wipe it down before priming.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MDK210

Maybe it’s just me but why buy expensive parts only to cover them with $5 rattle can spray or equivalent? Get them powder coated or professionally Line-X or Rhino Lined. Line-X even has colors...

Top Bottom