Rained last night

Dmac08JK

I checked my phone to see if it was going to rain before I went to bed. Well it down poured during the night and my top was down and my doors were off. The steering wheel and the outlet electrics don’t work. I thought everything was marine grade. I’ve been letting it dry out all day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sorry to hear about that! I hate those random showers! I just finished staining a deck Monday (10%) chance of rain... 2 hours later it torrentially down poured for at least an hour.

Hopefully everything works without having to replace or tear anything apart!

Dmac08JK

Sorry to hear about that! I hate those random showers! I just finished staining a deck Monday (10%) chance of rain... 2 hours later it torrentially down poured for at least an hour.

Hopefully everything works without having to replace or tear anything apart!

Aww that stinks about the stained deck , I’m think it should just dry out or the couple of days.

Dmac08JK

Wow why haven’t I tried that yet [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I’ll let y’all know if it works or if it doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Or just dont chance it .. been topless on mine all week just been tossing a trap on it when sleeping or it starts booming like its gonna rain .. but I will say give a few days to fully dry out an should be good to go

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whiskeyjack

Oh boy.

I run doors maybe two months out of the year, in Canada. The top's down...pretty much every month between March-Nov (except when I know it's obviously going to piss rain or a huge snowfall). I've had more water and snow than is reasonable, and I've never had a single issue.

I'm sorry you got so unlucky.

Dmac08JK

Oh boy.

I run doors maybe two months out of the year, in Canada. The top's down...pretty much every month between March-Nov (except when I know it's obviously going to piss rain or a huge snowfall). I've had more water and snow than is reasonable, and I've never had a single issue.

I'm sorry you got so unlucky.

What part of Canada? This is weird cuz my old jk I would use a pressure washer inside cuz of all the mud.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Bummer for sure! I’ve gotten caught in the rain a few times and had water run down the vents. That resulted in a squeal from the blower motor that required some lubrication months later. Good luck with your issues!

74CJ5

Just threw my cover on like I do every night before I go to bed if the top is off. Only takes a minute and was the best $100 spent. I've had it for 9 years now. It's good even if the doors are off. Stock image below.

IMG_0011.JPG

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've been doing the hillbilly tarp option and cover it at night most of the time. I always leave my cockpit covered.

jesse3638

Hooked
When topless and doorless I park in the garage. Being in the desert I'm not worried about rain but I don't want my neighbors cat in it. I've woken up to cat prints and spray on my other cars. Don't want that in the jeep.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom