EVO Plush Ride & King 2.0's

ColeHanlon

Well since today is payday I figure it is time to ditch the Rough Country lift, and match all my other EVO parts with an EVO lift. I have a few questions for you guys

1. I have watched a few videos of people swapping coils, and they only do one corner at a time. Can I get enough droop from just putting a jack stand on the frame, removing one tire, and push the axle down? I think it would be easier to just do the front at once, and the back at once, drooping the whole axle down.

2. I want my Jeep to sit more level, I don't ever tow with it, would adding a 1/2 inch spacer get it close if not level, with Quarter Pounder w/ Stinger, and a Warn VR-10?

3. Will this setup with Plush Rides and EVO Spec 2.0s be a world of difference to the Rough Country?

Thanks Guys

J

JKDream

Well since today is payday I figure it is time to ditch the Rough Country lift, and match all my other EVO parts with an EVO lift. I have a few questions for you guys

1. I have watched a few videos of people swapping coils, and they only do one corner at a time. Can I get enough droop from just putting a jack stand on the frame, removing one tire, and push the axle down? I think it would be easier to just do the front at once, and the back at once, drooping the whole axle down.

2. I want my Jeep to sit more level, I don't ever tow with it, would adding a 1/2 inch spacer get it close if not level, with Quarter Pounder w/ Stinger, and a Warn VR-10?

3. Will this setup with Plush Rides and EVO Spec 2.0s be a world of difference to the Rough Country?

Thanks Guys

Good choice, you'll like the improvement in ride quality overall.

1. Yes, but you will need to disconnect the shocks (you have to anyway since you're swapping these), and the swaybar end links.
That alone should give you enough droop to just pull the spring out of the bucket. In some instances, I've had to remove the track bar but very rarely.

2. Yep, that is what some people do. I would probably install the springs and whatnot first and see how it sits personally.
I don't have EVO springs, but when I swapped to RK I didn't have the lean anymore for whatever reason.

3. It should be a huge improvement.

boardsurfer

1. You probably wont get enough droop that way. You'll have to take off the brake caliper and swaybar links at minimum, and maybe the track bar as well. Jack one side high, push down on the other and you might have enough room.

2. Maybe. Might not need it at all. You'll have to install and see.

3. Lol. You are in for a treat.

WJCO

Meme King
Jack up vehicle as high as you can and put tall jack stands under frame. Do both coils at the same time.

The EVO plush springs are the 2nd best thing I've ever felt.

phillypete

Jack up vehicle as high as you can and put tall jack stands under frame. Do both coils at the same time.

The EVO plush springs are the 2nd best thing I've ever felt.

What’s the firs.... errr...um... nevermind....

They are THAT good? wow!

Lol

I-Eat-Mud

I just jack it up really high, put it on jack stands, loosen the control arms, not remove them, disconnect shocks, sway bar, track bar, brake line bracket, then droop it all the way down, and remove both springs at the same time.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Thanks Guys

1, I did that very thing with the jack.

2. I have a heavy bumper and you EVO might be even heavier. I also have a winch with a synthetic line which is lighter and gained even more height. I would probably wait on spacer and drive it myself.

3. The Plush ride are sweet they are definitely the 3rd best thing I have ever felt.:brows:

BaddestCross

1, I did that very thing with the jack.

2. I have a heavy bumper and you EVO might be even heavier. I also have a winch with a synthetic line which is lighter and gained even more height. I would probably wait on spacer and drive it myself.

3. The Plush ride are sweet they are definitely the 3rd best thing I have ever felt.:brows:
I'm more hesitant to ask what your #2 is than WJCO's #1. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
Whoah, you don't need to unhook all that stuff. Lower shock bolt, track bar bolt, brake line holder bolt (the little 8 or 10mm one). Slowly lower axle and watch for stuff hanging up. Sway bar should just rotate down. I've had my springs out half a dozen times. After the plush rides, I settled on 1/2" spacers on the passenger side front and rear, and that levels out the jeep with my weight in the seat.

Dopey84

Whoah, you don't need to unhook all that stuff. Lower shock bolt, track bar bolt, brake line holder bolt (the little 8 or 10mm one). Slowly lower axle and watch for stuff hanging up. Sway bar should just rotate down. I've had my springs out half a dozen times. After the plush rides, I settled on 1/2" spacers on the passenger side front and rear, and that levels out the jeep with my weight in the seat.

Do you have a picture and does adding the spacers to just the one side mess with the suspension geometry and or have to adjust the steering..?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Do you have a picture and does adding the spacers to just the one side mess with the suspension geometry and or have to adjust the steering..?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A picture of what? And no a 1/2” spacer doesn’t mess with geometry or steering. It affects resting ride height.

Top Bottom