Mudusa build

Turbo21

I can start with some back story

A few years ago I bought a 2013 jku and put a 4” lift with 37s on it. I slowly added bumpers winch etc and it was on its way to being a really nice jeep IMG_4145.jpg

Fast forward to March 28th of this year and my wife had driven my daughter to basketball practice at the local elementary school. The Jeep was parked for almost 2 hours when someone ran into the gym and said our jeep was on fire. Yes. On fire

The fire Marshall said the fire started in the factory power distribution box

The vehicle was totaled. And I was able to pull of bumpers and some of the suspension parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo21

46 hours later I found a 2015 rubicon that was a great deal and from looking underneath at the frame was never off-road

So started the mudusa build. This is my daily driver so I need to keep it drivable at highway speeds

I am in a local off-road club. GDI Jeepers

I put the word out that it was time to start on the new Jeep. About 6 of my friends from the club showed up and we went to my body shop and decided to put a full weekend into changing it from stock

For the build I went with

6” Terraflex springs
Old man emu nitrocharger shocks
Steer smarts yeti no drill flipped drag link
Steinjager track bar
Jks quicker disconnects
Old man emu steering stabilizer
Rugged ridge fenders
Dv8 inner fender liner
Kmc 20”x 10 wheels
Ironman 37x12.50 mud terrain tires
Eag spiderweb front and rear bumpers
Badlands 12,000 winch with synthetic rope
Led halo headlights
Eag grill
Topfire hood
Terraflex high angle driveshaft rzeppa joint
Aev control arm drop brackets
Rough country front and rear track bar brackets
Rough country x-joint control arms
Rugged ridge pillar switch panel
50” light bar on roof
12” light bar on bumper wires to factory fog loghts

Last edited:

Turbo21

I have been driving it for a few months and everything has been working great it is very capable off-road and have not gotten stuck in any mud pits where others in our group were buried.

Future plans are to add some gussets to the c’s and possibly go to 40’s when these tires wear out. I take it easy on the skinny pedal so shouldn’t have a problem.
Also looking to add a big brake kit, new driveshafts and axles
And then we will see what happens from there
There isn’t much rock crawling in this area most off road parks around here are trails,hills, and deep ass mud pits

It’s a pretty flexible setup. I went 71” up a 45 degree rti ramp

And we love hitting the road as a family and getting in the mud

I have also bought another Jeep to start building. I have a 2001 tj. 5 speed 4 cylinder
It has been named mudblood by my kids

I will start a new thread on it when I get going. But mudblood will eventually be a trailered off-road only toy

Last edited:

Good2Go

I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do with the fenders on my JK, so a few questions pleeze:

Do you like the fenders you put on? Are they plastic and painted?

Do they flap a lot at highway speeds? Do you miss not having an internal liner inside the rear fenders?

THX,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbo21

I like the fenders. No flap at high way speed

There was a big screw up by 4wd.com

We ordered the paintable fenders. The invoice shows paintable fenders
They sent the non paintable version and I painted them. The paint started peeling off. I contacted them and they are taking care of me. The new paintable fenders will be here on Tuesday

I don’t miss not having rear liners

It looked goofy showing all the yellow in there so I painted black with a can of undercoating and looks so much better

Turbo21

Testing the flex yesterday at southington off road park in Ohio

IMG_5236.jpg

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow! Super bad break and super fast recovery. Also really like your new 2001 TJ. That 4 cyl doesn’t have a ton on the road, but it doesn’t give up much off road either. Good luck with both.

Turbo21

Wow! Super bad break and super fast recovery. Also really like your new 2001 TJ. That 4 cyl doesn’t have a ton on the road, but it doesn’t give up much off road either. Good luck with both.

I was thinking of going old school non fuel injected big block. But I have few friends that told me that little 4 banger has some great torque for off-road

Turbo21

NIce looks good! That’s what I’m building my rig for is the mud . No rocks where I live.

Western pa isn’t know for the rocks But we definitely have the mud lol

We had a new guy come out with us yesterday who moved here from Texas. And he was kinda shocked at the way we wheel with all the mud

Top Bottom