Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner...

There's an area outside of Phoenix, I think it's called Cave Creek? Old Western theme with shopping and restaurants, etc.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Congrats on the win! I’d agree on all the above if you can work it in. The Canyon is a must, and Sedona is a beautiful place. Just be aware that the scale of the place will be different than you might be used to. Phoenix is huge, it’s almost 90 Miles across the metro area. That’s like you driving to Green Bay and you’re still “in town”. Let me know if you plan to get to Sedona and I’ll send you some directions to a couple out of the way spots for pictures. Oh yeah, and you should know that coming out here in Jan/Feb can be dangerous. All my neighbors down here in Tucson are from Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two elgordomucho's Avatar
    Cave creek is awesome. Was were sonny started another hells angels chapter. Do Sedona definitely, you can get there in an hour and 15 from cave creek, or under 2 hours from Scottsdale.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    There's an area outside of Phoenix, I think it's called Cave Creek? Old Western theme with shopping and restaurants, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordomucho View Post
    Cave creek is awesome. Was were sonny started another hells angels chapter. Do Sedona definitely, you can get there in an hour and 15 from cave creek, or under 2 hours from Scottsdale.

Cave Creek looks to be just less than 10 miles North of the hotel. We might add that to the list since it’s so close. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Congrats on the win! I’d agree on all the above if you can work it in. The Canyon is a must, and Sedona is a beautiful place. Just be aware that the scale of the place will be different than you might be used to. Phoenix is huge, it’s almost 90 Miles across the metro area. That’s like you driving to Green Bay and you’re still “in town”. Let me know if you plan to get to Sedona and I’ll send you some directions to a couple out of the way spots for pictures. Oh yeah, and you should know that coming out here in Jan/Feb can be dangerous. All my neighbors down here in Tucson are from Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No worries about moving there on a permanent basis. Too hot most of the time! I’ll shoot you a pm when we get closer to going. It’s always nice to hit a few spots off the beaten path. Thank you Steve!

Knows a Thing or Two Slimebones's Avatar
    Another cool place is Jerome, Az. Check it out if you go to Sedona. Make a day trip of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Thanks! We’re looking forward to it!

Sedona looks to be less than 2hrs from our hotel, so not a bad drive. The plan includes visiting Cathedral Rock, some winery stops and some light hiking TBD. Finding a Jeep to rent has been a bit challenging. So far, Enterprise is the only company I found, but $210 a day isn’t going to happen. I might end up with a convertible sports car or something like a Ford Explorer for $70 a day.

Sounds like we will spend the third day at the hotel just relaxing before heading home the next day. We will be staying at the JW Marriott and it looks to be quite extravagant!
    Barlow rents Jeeps in Sedona.
    https://barlows.us/

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Haha, you just made my wife’s day! Shopping around Old Scottsdale is added to day three. Thank you for the suggestion Jerry!
    Welcome! Arizona is awesome. We've been there 3 times and love it. It and the whole Southwest is so different from our neck of the woods - its almost like being on a different planet.

Sedona is awesome. Plenty of hiking to do. My favorite trail is West Fork at Oak Creek Canyon. As others have said Jerome is nice too especially if you want to do Wine tasting. If you are able to rent a Jeep, the Mogollon Rim (FR 300) is a nice drive in Payson.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner...

Quote Originally Posted by Slimebones View Post
    Another cool place is Jerome, Az. Check it out if you go to Sedona. Make a day trip of it.
    So many places, so little time. Looks like we might be able to swing that way on the way back to the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by uberc4 View Post
    Sedona is awesome. Plenty of hiking to do. My favorite trail is West Fork at Oak Creek Canyon. As others have said Jerome is nice too especially if you want to do Wine tasting. If you are able to rent a Jeep, the Mogollon Rim (FR 300) is a nice drive in Payson.

Wow, the West Fork looks spectacular! I don’t think we’ll have time to hike the whole trail (6 mile round trip), but a couple of miles shouldn’t be a problem. We’re hoping to hit a winery so we might drive out toward Jerome on our way back. A Jeep is looking unlikely at this point, but I haven’t made any phone calls yet. Just going by what I’m seeing on the net as to what’s available at the airport.
    Last edited by sipafz; 07-17-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast