Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner...

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Barlow rents Jeeps in Sedona.
    https://barlows.us/

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Thanks - Expensive or at least more than I’m willing to spend. The seven day rate with airport pickup is more than three months of my Jeep payments. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Thanks - Expensive or at least more than I’m willing to spend. The seven day rate with airport pickup is more than three months of my Jeep payments. Ouch!
    Lol. I've never priced them, just knew they were there. I guess they're more expensive because they're setup to go offroad and they expect them to be used.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Left Milwaukee on the red eye and after a short stop in Denver we made it to Phoenix. Things were going well as all our luggage made it and we skipped the long rental car line with my Budget FastBreak membership only to find out that they didn’t have my Ford Explorer (or equivalent) vehicle. What they did have was a beautiful, brand new JLU Sahara sitting in the first stall right across from the pickup counter. I told the attendant that I would be ok with the substitution and before I knew it, we drove off in this:

IMG_8576.jpg

What’s funny is as we were walking up to the counter, we spotted the Jeep and my wife told my daughter “Watch this, your dad’s going to try and get that Jeep”. They couldn’t believe it when I showed them the key .

That's so awesome! Have a great time out there - I love Arizona. Just got back from Tucson last week - weather out there this time of the year is great!

Great score!

Enjoy it all you can.

Welcome to AZ, it’s starting to warm up but still nice in my opinion. What’s your itinerary look like, where are you going to get some dirt on the rental jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    That's so awesome! Have a great time out there - I love Arizona. Just got back from Tucson last week - weather out there this time of the year is great!
    We will! Made it to Williams and taking the train to the Grand Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Great score!

Enjoy it all you can.
    The JL is so nice! It has the 3.6, but the 8 speed transmission is a huge improvement! Plenty of zip even in the mountains. I hope to see some dirt later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by JK_0311 View Post
    Welcome to AZ, it’s starting to warm up but still nice in my opinion. What’s your itinerary look like?
    Going to be in Williams and the Grand Canyon for three days. Drive down 89A through Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona and then to Phoenix. I hope to run part of the Apache Trail past Tortilla Flat to Fish Creek.

Very nice! If your wife is a wine fan, swing through Page Springs just south-east if Sedona by about 10 minutes. Sedona has some really cool and easy trails that are perfect for a rental

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Drive down 89A through Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona and then to Phoenix. I hope to run part of the Apache Trail past Tortilla Flat to Fish Creek.
    You're gonna love that drive - its beautiful. Can't wait for the next trip out there

Took a couple of pictures at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel:

Shay Locomotive

IMG_8580.jpg

2-8-2 Steam Engine

IMG_8585.jpg

Not much else in Williams.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast