What is this rattling box ?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Can someone tell me what this box is ? Located on the rear and has hoses running to fuel tank .

When I tap on it, it rattles . Can hear the rattle during acceleration.

IMG_9863.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

That is the evap canister.

Has it come loose? It only has one bolt that holds it to the factory guard. Mine broke loose, and that led to it rattling around.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Tightened this 13mm bolt . Evan can still has a slight rattle when tapped but from search sounds like that’s fairly normal . Still can’t isolate my rattle upon acceleration . Just hose clamped heat shield on exhaust cross over as well so that’s not it .

zimm

Caught the Bug
Whatever you do, don't pull the fitting off the back. I did, chasing a rattle. Sure it rattles. I also broke it. I jammed it back in but got a CEL. Took to dealer and it was $300 to fix. Not warrantied. They even used some kind of smoke machine through the emissions system to trace the leak, and it was the fitting I broke. I claimed a rock must have done it so I didn't look so stupid.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Whatever you do, don't pull the fitting off the back. I did, chasing a rattle. Sure it rattles. I also broke it. I jammed it back in but got a CEL. Took to dealer and it was $300 to fix. Not warrantied. They even used some kind of smoke machine through the emissions system to trace the leak, and it was the fitting I broke. I claimed a rock must have done it so I didn't look so stupid.

Nice one lol, I’ve had few of those.

jdofmemi

Well, you have saved me that problem.

My problem is the EVO skid I bought came in one run too late, after I slipped off my line and hung it in a rock garden. I managed to mash the shit out of the factory shield, and broke the tab the one bolt goes into.

I cut the factory shield away, since it was done anyway, and zip tied the evap to the EVO skid and it is living, for now.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Yeah I bet they believed that

Top Bottom