Wave from Arizona

preeb

My name is Gil Yaron and I'm a guitar builder from AZ.
New to the WAL family I have been enjoying reading and learning a lot here.
My deepest respect to the strong Jeep spirit, no BS integrity and the professional level found here.
Thanks for letting me in and I hope to be able to contribute some down the trail (-;

Currently working on 2017 JKU update build:
Motech Gen V LS86 8l90
Dynatrac XD60/80 72.5" 4.88
EVO DTD
TR wheels 5.5BC + 40 STT's
PSC XD Box + RAM
Zeon 12

Last edited:
My name is Gil Yaron and I'm a guitar builder from AZ.
New to the WAL family I have been enjoying reading and learning a lot here.
My deepest respect to the strong Jeep spirit, no BS integrity and the professional level found here.
Thanks for letting me in and I hope to be able to contribute some down the trail (-;

Currently working on 2017 JKU update build:
Motech Gen V LS86 8l90
Dynatrac XD60/80 72.5" 4.88
EVO DTD
TR wheels 5.5BC + 40 STT's
PSC XD Box + RAM
Zeon 12

Great looking Jeep! Thanks for running our Elite ProRock XD60/80 axle set!

preeb

Welcome! Sounds like a crazy build. Let me know how the Gen V combo works. I’m looking at going the same route! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will do. I will post the progress and impressions.
Also digging deep to understand the legal requirements (Fed and Local AZ) to be on the safe side of the emission regulations. It ain't that straight forward as it unfolds... but I see the light

preeb

Great looking Jeep! Thanks for running our Elite ProRock XD60/80 axle set!

Thanks. Not yet installed..
Steve only had the order placed last week.
Counting seconds backwards starting at 4,838,400
I believe that's 8 weeks worth of seconds (-;

uberc4

Will do. I will post the progress and impressions.
Also digging deep to understand the legal requirements (Fed and Local AZ) to be on the safe side of the emission regulations. It ain't that straight forward as it unfolds... but I see the light

I was going to ask if you’ve figured out the emissions part since I’m in Arizona as well. One thing I have heard was that the testing place can turn you away if you have two OBD2 ports visible. Also, I’ve heard a few rumors about which V8 (light duty vs heavy duty) can go into the Jeep, but do not know if it’s fact or not. Things to look into for sure.

preeb

I was going to ask if you’ve figured out the emissions part since I’m in Arizona as well. One thing I have heard was that the testing place can turn you away if you have two OBD2 ports visible. Also, I’ve heard a few rumors about which V8 (light duty vs heavy duty) can go into the Jeep, but do not know if it’s fact or not. Things to look into for sure.

It is all here >>>>>
ENGINE SWITCHING FACT SHEET
UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY

AZ follows the Federal law.

I’m reffering all my questions to:
Rex A. Martin
Environmental Technician
1110 W. Washington Street, Suite 127
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
(602) 771-3967
(602) 397-2396 Cell

Also making sure Robbie from Motech is on the loop.
I’ve had a few phone conversations with Robbie regarding the emission uncertainties before we even started talking swap specs and pricing.
Robbie is great and so is Rex, both very cooperative and my impression is that there is still some friction coming mostly from misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the regulation at the emission lane since the technicians haven’t adjusted to the new level of enforcement in AZ (-;
The few past issues with Motech swaps that I have heard of were taken care of by Robbie who takes the emission part of his job very seriously. It is a must. Who wants to throw $25K+ ending up with a none emission compliant brick with 40" wheels?

Last edited:
Top Bottom