Our solo trip to buck island.

black pearl

Hooked
Had so much fun over this past weekend up on the rubicon. We had people that were going to run with us, but had to drop out for various reasons. We were determined to go play though.

We got up to loon lake late Friday night and managed to find a spot in the dark, that wasn't occupied. IMG_2661.jpg IMG_2663.jpg the spot the next morning. IMG_2668.jpg .
First thing Saturday morning was a quick kayak trip on loon lake. IMG_2669.jpg IMG_2679.jpg IMG_2674.jpg then it was off to the trail for our 6.5 mile trip to buck island. IMG_2698.jpg IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2778.JPG IMG_2799.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
IMG_2803.JPG getting out to find a bunch of open spots at buck island was great! IMG_2804.JPG we set up camp before dark on Saturday. IMG_2733.jpg IMG_2731.jpg then did some kayaking out on the lake. IMG_2741.jpg IMG_2742.jpg IMG_2737.jpg
We went back to camp and started to settle down for the night. I guess it wouldn't be a trip to the rubicon, if the Toyotas weren't out at night on there rev limiters most the night. IMG_2755.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
And of course I found one spot that I could high center the jeep on 🤦*♀️ pulled cable and got rolling again. IMG_2852.JPG IMG_2855.JPG IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2862.JPG after coming back out of gate keeper the wife wanted to drive a bit. IMG_2864.JPG IMG_2863.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 118

black pearl

Hooked
Can't forget the carnage. IMG_2768.jpg IMG_2727.jpg IMG_2728.jpg
Nothing to bad. All in all it was a great trip.

Only four weeks till I'm back up there. Hope you enjoyed my little photo log. I have some video I still need to upload.

CharlesC

Looks like you had a great time. Got some great flex shots for sure[emoji106] Love to see all the gear, and all of it being used! Thanks for sharing man[emoji482]

black pearl

Hooked
Looks like you had a great time. Got some great flex shots for sure[emoji106] Love to see all the gear, and all of it being used! Thanks for sharing man[emoji482]

It was great! The wife was out taking more photos and is learning what to look for, for good flex shots. I'm really glad we took the kayaks. Getting out on the water is so relaxing.

black pearl

Hooked
Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing [emoji106][emoji112]

Looked like a great time with the family and the jeep. Thanks for sharing

Totally awesome family trip [emoji106], looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves [emoji41]

That is really awesome that you were able to do that with the whole family! Those memories you’ll never forget!

Looks like a badass trip. Great pics.

Sweet trip!

Thanks all! It's definitely a trip we won't forget.
Even though the trail is fairly demanding both physically and mentally. There is also a relaxing element to it. Maybe it's the solitude of the sierras. This is why it's one of my favorite trails.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Man now that's a fun family trip! Glad yall had fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks all! It's definitely a trip we won't forget.
Even though the trail is fairly demanding both physically and mentally. There is also a relaxing element to it. Maybe it's the solitude of the sierras. This is why it's one of my favorite trails.

Its so pretty up there. The Toyota guys would have pissed me off. You honestly don't realize how tiring it gets driving until you stop. The kayaks looked like a great idea. We got some two person float tubes that may have to find their way into the Jeep on trips like that.

Top Bottom