Arizona residents

dlynch

Wanting to move from Alaska to Arizona Queen Creek area. Is there anyone in that area daily driving with no AC? Can it comfortably be done? Maybe it's time to trade in for a JL...

120 is 120. I’m sure people do it but driving around Phoenix in the summer I never once saw a window down or a car without tint. So hot they put cloth around door handles so you don’t scald your hand opening them. From one extreme to the other, what’s the story there?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dlynch

Work in the prudhoe Bay oilfield in northern Alaska work schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Looking for resort style living while on 2 weeks off. Visited friends in the Queen Creek area and loved it. Next step before committing is seeing it while it's 120 in the summer.

JK_0311

It doesn’t always get 120... honestly, I am use to the outside heat. It’s hardly a deterrent, the worst part is getting into your vehicle when it’s sitting in the heat for over 10 minutes. Feels like the depths of hell. With no AC, that might be an issue, unless you are running doorless and topless.

Slimebones

Wanting to move from Alaska to Arizona Queen Creek area. Is there anyone in that area daily driving with no AC? Can it comfortably be done? Maybe it's time to trade in for a JL...

You really SHOULD visit there in the summer before you decide. Just MIGHT change your mind. Really is hotter than I had imagined.

WJCO

Meme King

Lol. I grew up there. Only someone from Alaska would ask this question. Even Satan can't dry his balls off in Arizona.

Food for thought: When I left there and moved to Colorado, we had a vehicle on the sales lot that had sat there for 5 years with no buys nor interest in purchasing. Brand new truck and price kept lowering. Dealer even had to eat the cost of a new set of tires after 3 years from dry rot. It was the only vehicle on our entire lot with no AC. Good luck. Send me some fresh salmon if you decide to move.

jdofmemi

Well, not AZ, but in the Cali part of the Mojave desert, I went 2+ years with no AC. We would see 2 to 3 months of 120 and I managed, but it was never a good time.

That said, I was 20 years younger, and dumber, and tougher then.

Would I do it again? Not for anything less than the apocalypse, and even then I would think twice.

uberc4

June-August comfortably no, but the rest of the year you could... Honestly, the heat isn’t that bad once you get used to it. Just stay hydrated. [emoji23]

JK_0311

Plus, the two weeks you are here, you wouldn’t be working right? So flip flops and shorts, don’t travel during the peak heat, drink water and own a pool, you’ll be fine.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Work in the prudhoe Bay oilfield in northern Alaska work schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Looking for resort style living while on 2 weeks off. Visited friends in the Queen Creek area and loved it. Next step before committing is seeing it while it's 120 in the summer.

My Uncle was a welding inspector in Prudhoe Bay. Him & My Aunt lived in Eagle River outside of Anchorage... Had a beautiful home on great land with Amazing views.. but once they retired the extreme weather was getting to be too much... they settled in Idaho.

I have friends that live in Pheonix/Scottsdale that escape the heat by Driving up to their cabin in Prescott. Why not go more North like Prescott/Flagstaff where their is less heat and more Trees?

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Lol. I grew up there. Only someone from Alaska would ask this question. Even Satan can't dry his balls off in Arizona.

Food for thought: When I left there and moved to Colorado, we had a vehicle on the sales lot that had sat there for 5 years with no buys nor interest in purchasing. Brand new truck and price kept lowering. Dealer even had to eat the cost of a new set of tires after 3 years from dry rot. It was the only vehicle on our entire lot with no AC. Good luck. Send me some fresh salmon if you decide to move.

:cheesy::cheesy:, but true. We lived in the Phx area for 40 years after moving from Colorado. I drove a GMC pkup with no ac for 5 years. Arriving at work in suit n tie and swamp ass wasn’t optimal. It definitely can be done but afternoon gridlock on the way home is brutal, although maybe not as brutal as the evening commute in Alaska @ -40 below with no heat. There are tons of ac shops there who can whip ac into most anything for way less than a new JL. If you move you’ll probably love it like my wife and I did. We just love the mountains a little more than the desert. Best of luck!

Zstairlessone

I made that mistake once, ordered a convertible GT with no AC, because who needs AC with a convertible right? Sold it off before the end of the first summer and I grew up in the southern heat.

desrt4x

I love living in Arizona except most of July and August. When it's monsoon time like now it is rough and no chance would I drive without A/C. One thing about your situation is you are coming here to relax not to work, that makes a big difference. You can choose when you go somewhere so you wont have to sit in traffic every day, you can hang by the pool and chill, you are only without a/c when you chill by the pool. You can't beat the winters here so the couple weeks that the weather is not so pleasant you wont really care since you are not here to work. Flagstaff and Prescott are nice in the summer but get a little chilly and some snow in the winter.

Byte

With the black leather interior I've learned to just keep the seats covered with light colored bath towels. Scorched the back of my thighs enough! And it only hits the low hundreds in direct sunlight here. I can't even begin to imagine parking it in the direct Phoenix sun for any length of time. :cussing: Stop and go traffic would be tough. Make sure you've got some shade device and I guess it'd be the perfect excuse for the 50cf fridge upgrade... :beer: er scratch that. It's for water, silly!

Slimebones

I couldn't even enjoy riding my motorcycle there. Was like riding in an oven! Temps only got DOWN to 90s at night! Crazy hot!! And there are so many snowbirds there, you actually see car accidents as they happen on a daily basis (bluehaired bastards)!

desrt4x

96 this morning and getting to 118 this afternoon tomorrow they say 120. I hate working construction this time of year.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
No, you can't do it comfortably IMO. I live near Queen Creek and it's a little cooler than in town, but only about 3-4 degrees.
Besides, everyone needs a new Jeep, air conditioning in summer, top down in winter. Why are we even considering other options?:cheesy:

Top Bottom