Jeep stolen!!

hunterbilt

So today i was off for the first time in weeks. I work full time, and go to school ful time. I took the top off and cleaned up the rubi, and i was finally going to post up some pictures. I had to run to downtown San Antonio to drop off some paperwork, and when i came back after being gone for 45 minutes my jeep was gone! I have contacted the police, and they have checked every single tow company in san antonio and nobody has it. i was parked legally. I am at a complete loss for words.

JKBANDIT55

So today i was off for the first time in weeks. I work full time, and go to school ful time. I took the top off and cleaned up the rubi, and i was finally going to post up some pictures. I had to run to downtown San Antonio to drop off some paperwork, and when i came back after being gone for 45 minutes my jeep was gone! I have contacted the police, and they have checked every single tow company in san antonio and nobody has it. i was parked legally. I am at a complete loss for words.

Does your jeep have the lock and unlock bottom on your keys? I thought there was a chip in the key that allows the car to start. If the chip isn't near the jeep there is no way to hot wire it and start the jeep.

I'm sorry man. Hope they catch the punks that did this and get your jeep back.

It's always dangerous to leave the top down in a populated city like down town.

Dixon4x4

Well that is a SHITTY thing to happen, hope they find it for you without any problems or damage!!!!!

hunterbilt

I do have the lock and unlock, and i thought the same thing about not being able to get it started thats why i didnt think twice about leaving it for less than an hour, but i guess there is a way around anything...i do have insurance, and will be contacting them tomorrow.

RockIt Man

Bummer! I live in new braunfels. i am always worried about whatever stuff i have stored in the jeep when i have the top off. the thought of it being stolen hasnt really crossed my mind.... sorry to hear:grayno::naw:

TrailBear

Damn that ducks, hopefully you find it in one piece

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

hunterbilt

Bummer! I live in new braunfels. i am always worried about whatever stuff i have stored in the jeep when i have the top off. the thought of it being stolen hasnt really crossed my mind.... sorry to hear:grayno::naw:

my parents live in new braunfels, and when i lived in schertz i would go to the river quite a bit over there, and would leave the top off with no problem, but i guess San Antonio is a different story.

JKBANDIT55

I do have the lock and unlock, and i thought the same thing about not being able to get it started thats why i didnt think twice about leaving it for less than an hour, but i guess there is a way around anything...i do have insurance, and will be contacting them tomorrow.

This is crazy man. I thought for sure the jeep couldn't be started without the chip in the key... Makes you think. I would think it got towed but if you called all of the companies then that sucks man..

I feel bad for you. Id flip a shit and raise hell if my jeep was stolen. I really hope you get these bastards.

hunterbilt

if there is anything good about the situation is that i had my gun on me at the time, and it wasnt locked up inside. they better hope the cops find them before i do...i just dont want to have to deal with insurance on this.

Dude that sucks! Being violated like that is terrible! I hope they find your jeep sir!

On a side note, my neighbor was the victim of a home invasion about 2 hours ago.... 3 young men kicked in his front door with him and his family sitting in the front room! FUCKING CRAZY! The fantastic SBCSD did catch all three and no one was hurt (physically anyways)

DID I SAY FUCKING CRAZY.

andrew -

jelliott076

Do you have pictures of the jeep to post? There are now 5000+ of us nationwide to keep and eye out for it.

J-

Dixon4x4

Dude that sucks! Being violated like that is terrible! I hope they find your jeep sir!

On a side note, my neighbor was the victim of a home invasion about 2 hours ago.... 3 young men kicked in his front door with him and his family sitting in the front room! FUCKING CRAZY! The fantastic SBCSD did catch all three and no one was hurt (physically anyways)

DID I SAY FUCKING CRAZY.

andrew -

Now that is a really SHITTY day. I think I would rather have my Jeep stollen than have someone kick in my door like that, especially with the whole family home.

09 JKU
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Conman

Son of a bitch. I swear nothing worse in this world than a thief. I had a truck stolen a few years back and the little bastards that took it and totaled it turned out to be some 15 year old gang bangers.

GCM 2

Sorry to hear about the Jeep, hopefully insurance will make it all correct again.

This is crazy man. I thought for sure the jeep couldn't be started without the chip in the key....

The addition of the chip in a key only makes it a little more of a deterent to a thief. With just a little bit of knowledge of how each manufacturer employs security into the vehicle, they are easily defeatable. It is only to keep an honest man honest.

Top Bottom