Method 105 Bealocks

Gobi1

Hi all! I just received my Method 105 Beadlocks and getting ready to start the install. I would like to polish the ring to raw Aluminum, has anyone done this with any success? If so what method (no pun intended) did you use? Or am I stuck shelling out the additional money to buy the polished ring? Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• D8E19251-6B3D-4453-88E1-C51E47892F94.jpg
    D8E19251-6B3D-4453-88E1-C51E47892F94.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 273

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I would just take sander/grinder to it like a 4” flap disc. If you’re wheeling it at all, it’s gonna get scratched up anyway, doesn’t meet to be perfect. If you want it polished then it’s just a matter of picking the right grit and a ton of elbow grease.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
^^^This^^^ Keep in mind flap disks and wheels can remove a lot of material very quickly if using an aggressive grit. Maybe start with 220 or 320.

If possible and you want a head start maybe see if there is a local media blaster who can at least get the powder coat off. Then you can work them with finer grit wheels.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

If they are powder coated You can find a powder coater and have them strip them to bare aluminum. I have a tank in Tulsa, I’m sure someone around you has a liquid stripper that will do quick work on the rings. Then use never dull or maybe a mother’s drill polisher and some aluminum polishing compound.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I would imagine a wire wheel would work better than a flap disk so you don't end up removing any metal. At this point though, just wheel them and rub the paint off.

jdofmemi

I think I'd polish it on the rocks:brows:

I've been polishing on mine for about six months, and I figure I am about halfway there. By this time next year my rings should be baren and ready to go.

Just remember to rotate your tires, since the rears seem to get cleaned up faster than the fronts.

Top Bottom