A big wave from the Valley of the Sun, AZ.

jackjr

Just signed up after having seen many videos from Eddie and Cindy.
Names jack and my wife and I just bought a 67 CJ5. Been working on it quite a bit as AZ requires 67 and younger to pass emissions. No emission equipment on this 4 cylinder and I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to pass. Had an off brand carb on it when we got it but there was a Carter YF in the tool box so I had it rebuilt. Still failed the idle CO test so I'll be taking it back to Rods Carb repair on Monday or Tuesday. In the mean time it is a blast trying to get the title done and the bank wants their name as lien holder on it soonest.
When the heat is below broil I have been doing this and that by replacing very old wire and a broken oil pressure tube that leaked oil all over the place. Things get brittle after 51 or so years. I am well past that myself so it takes a lot longer than it used to to get things done.
I look forward to reading everybodys stories and advice. We had a 68 many years ago but this one is actually in better shape with zero body rust and a strong engine. I believe it was towed for most of it's life.
Enough for this novel. When we get things up and running we will send some pictures from some trail around here.
jackjr

Welcome to WayaLife from Scottsdale. I had a 66 CJ5 way back in high school with a V-6, great little runner. Good luck on getting it to pass, I did the same on a 79 J-20 truck that took three times to pass after rebuilding the carb and a new distributor and wiring.

LkYdEvIL

Welcome, from Gilbert!
Toss some mothballs in the gas tank and call it a pass...
I didn’t write that. Nothing to see here.

Via Satellite Uplink: LkYdEvIL

Top Bottom