I’m out west, where should I go?

Braxtonsag

We’re currently on our big trip out west for the year and have already been to the Rockies, moab, and Vegas. We just left Vegas and are heading toward Joshua tree. We are looking for ideas on some sights we can see. We don’t really like big cities, we enjoy the history etc that the backroads bring. Would like to stay in southwest USA. Our plans right now are Joshua tree, Death Valley, sequoia, Bodie, little aleinn, Yosemite, and parts of route 66

jesse3638

Hooked
We’re currently on our big trip out west for the year and have already been to the Rockies, moab, and Vegas. We just left Vegas and are heading toward Joshua tree. We are looking for ideas on some sights we can see. We don’t really like big cities, we enjoy the history etc that the backroads bring. Would like to stay in southwest USA. Our plans right now are Joshua tree, Death Valley, sequoia, Bodie, little aleinn, Yosemite, and parts of route 66
If you're going to be in Joshua Tree NP go into the actual town of Joshua Tree and go check out the Old Dale Mining District. It's a series of routes East, South East of town. It's pretty cool and there are 4x4 trail entrances into the North Eastern edge of the park. Keep in mind it's hot as hell this time of year and we're expecting a heat wave next week beginning 7/22. Bring at least 1 gallon per person per day plus emergency in case you run into trouble. Cell service is spotty at best even in the park. Stick to marked trails and let someone know where you'll be. It's unfortunate there are usually several search and rescues this time of year put there.

Edit: If you're going to be going through Barstow the BLM office can give you WEMO (West Mojave) trail Maps for the area you'll be in. I may have some at work and can pm you a screen shot.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Kirkwood1

If your going into bodie and your rig is setup you’ll be able to check out all the hot springs in and around Bridgeport then camp out near them or the hotels in town. Then just going over sonora pass is amazing itself! Not to mention Niagara Rim Trail. But a must see if your not from the area is glass beach in fort Bragg. IMG_0308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom