A journey to remember

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Well as some of you know and others dont I quit my job and am taking several months off an spending them on the road ... doing photos an whatever else I can pick up along the way ..

So I woke up last night about 1 am an hit the road .. first of many stops is Big Bend National Park ( yes its summer and quite warm ) but coaster (my new pup) was all to eager to load up an get outta town .. some other stops along this epic trek will be ... Ouray area , Glacier National Park , Grand Tetons , Rocky Mountain, Crater Lake , Thors Well , Yellowstone ,Yosemite and more ... 20180721_152001.jpg 20180721_174457.jpg 20180721_174557.jpg from here the plan is to make my way into lower Co. Before working my up to Ouray for a few days a week who knows how long ..to be continued.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sounds awesome! Subscribed [emoji106]

Let me know when you are in the Yellowstone area! We live about an hour and a half northwest in Gallatin Gateway just outside of Bozeman.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Subscribed! I’ve seen ya talk about doing a trip this summer but didn’t know it was going to entail going on a sabbatical. Lol

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Subscribed.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to do that one day, I'm a bit jealous.

No time like the present ...
Sounds awesome! Subscribed [emoji106]

Let me know when you are in the Yellowstone area! We live about an hour and a half northwest in Gallatin Gateway just outside of Bozeman.

Can do should be later next month at some point
Subscribed! I’ve seen ya talk about doing a trip this summer but didn’t know it was going to entail going on a sabbatical. Lol
Well frustrated there so had to call it quits ...
So jealous, take pictures so we can all live vicariously !

Ahhh something we all enjoy doing ..
Sounds like you're gonna have a blast! Post lots of pics! :thumb:
Plan to will admit I mostly use my Nikon so will need to make sure I use the phone some .... prolly do updates daily at the end of day for noteworthy things ...

Today's teaser shots ... 20180722_085741.jpg 20180722_082839.jpg 20180722_085651.jpg wide open spaces ... gotta love it

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just as a warning, I just learned the other day that national parks such as Yellowstone and Glacier are very strict about dogs unfortunately. We were going to take our dogs on a day hike in Glacier National Park but they are not allowed on trails even with a leash.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Yup am aware only allowed where your vechile can go .. 6' leash and not on trails , only allowing them where the vechile can go , so dirt roads (backcountry ) paved roads .. been becoming a issue with folks not following simple rules and packing out or picking up behind them (spoke with a ranger here and another at Devils Tower when I was there ) and odd as it may seem it isn't just pets .. some folks in bc sites havent been doing so with their's either .. Park service is on the verge of not even allow cat holes and making it all pack out ... few bad apples spoil it for those who do follow the rules... (am curious as to just how they would enforce it though if they made it 100%pack out for all back country camping) ...

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yup am aware only allowed where your vechile can go .. 6' leash and not on trails , only allowing them where the vechile can go , so dirt roads (backcountry ) paved roads .. been becoming a issue with folks not following simple rules and packing out or picking up behind them (spoke with a ranger here and another at Devils Tower when I was there ) and odd as it may seem it isn't just pets .. some folks in bc sites havent been doing so with their's either .. Park service is on the verge of not even allow cat holes and making it all pack out ... few bad apples spoil it for those who do follow the rules... (am curious as to just how they would enforce it though if they made it 100%pack out for all back country camping) ...

It’s sad that it has come to this, we have always followed the Leave No Trace principles. I understand how people ruin it for everyone though. I’m just glad we didn’t make the 5 hour drive to find that out lol had a friend tell us just before we left, he asked what we are doing with our dogs

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
20180722_120130.jpg so saw Luna's jacal today 20180722_120111.jpg imagine waking up to this view every day ... 20180722_120239.jpg then went over to the store an they had this vintage jeep In the lot 20180722_150331.jpg did you know there once was a cotton farmer in the Rio Grande valley .. had over 100 acres ... farmed it picked it even had his own gin to mill it ... 20180722_150114.jpg would have loved to have been able to do a walk through it .. but not surprised they have it closed off to preserve it .. another little village from the late 1800's-early 1900's that ya can walk to is all but gone 20180722_125419.jpg as ya can see not to far but sadly not much left .. only a small piece of adobe wall and several flat stone foundations where you can tell something once stood

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Well another day in the heat (116 at camp last night 6 PM cooled down to the low 90's overnight ) went and checked out a old quicksilver mine .. 20180724_085311.jpg 20180724_090737.jpg lots of warning signs 20180724_090128.jpg 20180724_090911.jpg wonder if it runs ?? 20180724_090601.jpg 20180724_091729.jpg 20180724_092829.jpg most of the building's are in good shape toss a roof on em an move on in ..... 20180724_091751.jpg killer view from the top area of it ..

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom