Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Building PEACEMAKER

  1. #11
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
    Maybe I'll see you in Flagstaff, I get up there from time to time. Prescott even more frequently.
    Awesome! I am really looking forward to meeting people around the area and getting out on the trails. I would be happy to organize a meet-up a little later after I get more of the build done. Maybe Sedona?

  2. #12
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,000
    Sounds like it’s going to be a awesome build. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  3. #13
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    151
    Thanks to everyone and their support! Here are some updates:

    Last week I had received the EVO suspension. I mean WOW! I am in love with the coilovers! I am looking forward to installing them along with the axles when they arrive. It is going to be a little painful to wait, but well worth it in the end.

    I got some more packages in the mail today I received my Zeon 10s, which is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to install it, but I have to wait for the bumper to arrive. I also received my JKS disconnects and ARB compressor kit that I hope to install this weekend. Stay tuned for those updates and pics!

    Also, I ordered the Magnaflow rock crawler exhaust which I think will arrive tomorrow along with the sPOD and maybe some D rings... As for wheels, I decided to go with the ATX Chamber Pro II machined finish. Those along with the bumper I think will take some time to arrive. In the meantime, I will install the air compressor, sPOD, and exhaust. Stay tuned this weekend for some updates and installation pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #14
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    2,903
    It must be like Christmas opening all of that up


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    151
    It's a couple levels beyond Christmas!

    I received my exhaust today and got it installed real quick tonight. I went with the Magnaflow Rock Crawler series and I really love the sound. I almost went with the pro series that dumped in front of the rear axle, but I was worried it would have been too loud for what I wanted. The rock crawler series sounds great with a nice low tone. It gets a little aggressive when you step on it, but I would totally recommend this system. Super easy to install. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off from the rubber isolators. Magnaflow makes a nice clean system.

  6. #16
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACEMAKER1 View Post
    It's a couple levels beyond Christmas!

    I received my exhaust today and got it installed real quick tonight. I went with the Magnaflow Rock Crawler series and I really love the sound. I almost went with the pro series that dumped in front of the rear axle, but I was worried it would have been too loud for what I wanted. The rock crawler series sounds great with a nice low tone. It gets a little aggressive when you step on it, but I would totally recommend this system. Super easy to install. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off from the rubber isolators. Magnaflow makes a nice clean system.
    I’ve looked at exhaust systems, but like you I didn’t want anything super loud. I’ll have to look into that system you got


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #17
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I’ve looked at exhaust systems, but like you I didn’t want anything super loud. I’ll have to look into that system you got


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Awesome! I will let you know how it sounds inside the cab as I drive it over the next couple days.

  8. #18
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    151
    New update from this weekend on the build. As you saw previously, I installed the BBK a week ago. This weekend, I wanted to install my ARB twin compressor on the vehicle. I was pretty set on installing the compressor in the engine compartment near the brake reservoir. However, I didn’t realize, until I started, that the compressor wouldn’t fit with the BBK kit installed due to the larger brake reservoir causing interference. This was also the consensus on WAL when I looked it up after realizing I had a problem. Now, this was a set-back, but I really didn’t want to put the compressor in the vehicle. So…I think people who want both the BBK with the ARB twin compressor installed in the engine compartment will find this post exciting.

    I will do my best to explain the pics, but in summary, I moved the brake reservoir to make room again for the ARB compressor. I created an aluminum bracket that would bolt to the upper-right brake booster flange bolt. This bracket was assembled to hold the reservoir at the proper height and level, with tubing to connect the reservoir to the MC grommets. Here is a collection of images showing the beginning where I was measuring for where I wanted the reservoir, and following are pictures of the bracket assembled and then installed with tubing.

    IMG_20180727_182359.jpg

    IMG_20180728_194106.jpg

    IMG_20180728_194112.jpg

    IMG_20180729_092939.jpg

    After getting the reservoir relocated, I worked on modifying the original compressor bracket. The original bracket extended to my new reservoir location where the locker manifold was supposed to be. I cut that part off the bracket and relocated it to directly behind the compressor when mounted. I relocated the horn to underneath the compressor bracket as see in the images. Here are some images of the modified bracket and compressor installation:

    IMG_20180729_102924.jpg

    IMG_20180729_114319.jpg

    And...the final product

    IMG_20180729_150623.jpg

  9. #19
    Old Timer BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACEMAKER1 View Post
    New update from this weekend on the build. As you saw previously, I installed the BBK a week ago. This weekend, I wanted to install my ARB twin compressor on the vehicle. I was pretty set on installing the compressor in the engine compartment near the brake reservoir. However, I didn’t realize, until I started, that the compressor wouldn’t fit with the BBK kit installed due to the larger brake reservoir causing interference. This was also the consensus on WAL when I looked it up after realizing I had a problem. Now, this was a set-back, but I really didn’t want to put the compressor in the vehicle. So…I think people who want both the BBK with the ARB twin compressor installed in the engine compartment will find this post exciting.

    I will do my best to explain the pics, but in summary, I moved the brake reservoir to make room again for the ARB compressor. I created an aluminum bracket that would bolt to the upper-right brake booster flange bolt. This bracket was assembled to hold the reservoir at the proper height and level, with tubing to connect the reservoir to the MC grommets. Here is a collection of images showing the beginning where I was measuring for where I wanted the reservoir, and following are pictures of the bracket assembled and then installed with tubing.

    IMG_20180727_182359.jpg

    IMG_20180728_194106.jpg

    IMG_20180728_194112.jpg

    IMG_20180729_092939.jpg

    After getting the reservoir relocated, I worked on modifying the original compressor bracket. The original bracket extended to my new reservoir location where the locker manifold was supposed to be. I cut that part off the bracket and relocated it to directly behind the compressor when mounted. I relocated the horn to underneath the compressor bracket as see in the images. Here are some images of the modified bracket and compressor installation:

    IMG_20180729_102924.jpg

    IMG_20180729_114319.jpg

    And...the final product

    IMG_20180729_150623.jpg
    Looks good! 🍻

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  10. #20
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACEMAKER1 View Post
    Awesome! I will let you know how it sounds inside the cab as I drive it over the next couple days.
    I have that exhaust. I had to swap back in the factory resonator in front of the “muffler” to reduce the noise level and change the exhaust tone. It sound too much like a rice burner for my tastes with a loud drone, but after the resonator went back in, it tamed it back down and gave it more of a deeper tone.




    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Building of FALCOR
    By JKRicky in forum Jeep Builds
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 06:43 AM
  2. Building the
    By TheGrendel in forum Jeep Builds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 03:01 AM
  3. Building of Cash
    By Jeeper714 in forum Jeep Builds
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 10:19 PM
  4. Looking at building a 07 JK with a 5.3L.
    By B-Ridge Sledder in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
  5. PC building
    By Benito in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS