Building PEACEMAKER

PEACEMAKER1

I am so excited to start my build thread for PEACEMAKER! I hope you all enjoy the build as much as I do. Okay, I should start with some background to frame the future build. I bought my 2014 JKU Sahara last December. She had 50k miles, but with some very detailed inspection, I swear the Jeep had never seen dirt....ever. It was in immaculate condition and when I found the right price, I bought my first Jeep and drove home with a big smile :) Here she is on day 1, still in the dealer parking lot:

20171126_173304.jpg

In January, I decided to install the Frontrunner Slimline II full rack with Atlas steps for a ski trip I was taking with some friends. I love the rack and would recommend to anyone who wants a VERY strong rack that you can run with or without the top on. It takes a day to install, but it wasn't difficult, just meticulous to make sure you get the drilling right on the hard top. I like the Atlas steps too. To be completely honest, I chose these over the Kargo Masters because they have a bottle opener built into them...so now you can open your beer from any side of my Jeep :) Here she is with the rack, both top on and top off:

MVIMG_20180305_071330.jpg

IMG_20180623_191421.jpg

Since then, I have been anxious to start a big build. I want my Jeep to be more capable and I want to start running with all of you that have some incredible machines. Between all the amazing rigs I see on the road, everyone's build posts on here, and Eddie's incredible videos, I have decided to start my build of what I will call PEACEMAKER. It all started when I really wanted some bigger tires...37s to be exact. I just can't handle the small hoops and shoes any longer, among other things. Not to mention that my tires are going to need replacement before winter, and I wasn't going to put something less than the 37s. The 37s were a big decision because it started the long shopping list of other parts to handle the big tires. Therefore, my first purchase for the build was 37 x 12.50 R17 BFG K02s. I received those last week, and they are sitting in the shop until the rest of my drivetrain and suspension parts arrive. I really fell in love with the EVO coilovers as soon as I saw them on other rigs. Plus I have read many great things about them. So I am going with the EVO Double D Pro long arms with coilovers which will be attached to the Dynatrac XD60s that I ordered last week (thanks Erik at Dynatrac for helping me get these put together). The XDs will be running ARB lockers with 4.88 10.1 inch gears with the 1550 knuckles. I can tell you that it is painful waiting for these after I ordered them. However, I have been making other purchases in the meantime that I can install. I will keep everyone posted on the drivetrain status.

I recently ordered the J8 MC and booster which I installed today. I was hearing good things about this kit and it. It made sense that this paired with the new brakes on the XD60s will make for some improved stopping power. The install went pretty smooth. One thing I noticed, the J8 kit had a different vacuum hose plug on the booster compared to my stock booster. The stock vacuum hose plug that had an electronic connector plugged into in, and the J8 kit didn't have the electronic plug option. Therefore, I swapped the fittings so I could keep the electronic connector plugged in on the J8 kit (I didn't want to throw any codes). The larger MC and booster was a close fit next to the ABS unit, but it works great! Here it is installed:

IMG_20180722_181422.jpg

So, other things I ordered today to keep me busy until the 60s arrive included ARB twin air compressor kit, sPOD, and the LOD Destroyer shorty front bumper with a WARN Zeon 10s. I will keep everyone updated once all that arrives and I can get to installing all of it. I am thinking about getting a few more things on order tomorrow including the EVO sport cage and sliders, and maybe a rear bumper...have not decided yet. But that is all for now until next time :)

Last edited:

PEACEMAKER1

Damn, talk about jumping in head first! 🤣

I would've gone with 5.13 gears, but other than that, it sounds like it's gonna be a solid build. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ha yeah thanks! The gear choice was very difficult. I was initially going to go with the 5.13. However, I went with the 4.88 off recommendation by Dynatrac, but also because I can run the larger 10 inch gear. I know it's not that much of a size difference, but I decided to sacrifice that little bit of torque over some extra strength.

Coop

Caught the Bug
As Ddays stated, impressive list!! By the way, I run 4.88’s with 37’s and really haven’t had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
Maybe I'll see you in Flagstaff, I get up there from time to time. Prescott even more frequently.

PEACEMAKER1

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
Maybe I'll see you in Flagstaff, I get up there from time to time. Prescott even more frequently.

Awesome! I am really looking forward to meeting people around the area and getting out on the trails. I would be happy to organize a meet-up a little later after I get more of the build done. Maybe Sedona?

PEACEMAKER1

Thanks to everyone and their support! Here are some updates:

Last week I had received the EVO suspension. I mean WOW! I am in love with the coilovers! I am looking forward to installing them along with the axles when they arrive. It is going to be a little painful to wait, but well worth it in the end.

I got some more packages in the mail today :) I received my Zeon 10s, which is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to install it, but I have to wait for the bumper to arrive. I also received my JKS disconnects and ARB compressor kit that I hope to install this weekend. Stay tuned for those updates and pics!

Also, I ordered the Magnaflow rock crawler exhaust which I think will arrive tomorrow along with the sPOD and maybe some D rings... As for wheels, I decided to go with the ATX Chamber Pro II machined finish. Those along with the bumper I think will take some time to arrive. In the meantime, I will install the air compressor, sPOD, and exhaust. Stay tuned this weekend for some updates and installation pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180723_190019.jpg
    IMG_20180723_190019.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20180725_175615.jpg
    IMG_20180725_175615.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20180725_175632.jpg
    IMG_20180725_175632.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20180725_175635.jpg
    IMG_20180725_175635.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 179

PEACEMAKER1

It's a couple levels beyond Christmas!

I received my exhaust today and got it installed real quick tonight. I went with the Magnaflow Rock Crawler series and I really love the sound. I almost went with the pro series that dumped in front of the rear axle, but I was worried it would have been too loud for what I wanted. The rock crawler series sounds great with a nice low tone. It gets a little aggressive when you step on it, but I would totally recommend this system. Super easy to install. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off from the rubber isolators. Magnaflow makes a nice clean system.

Jsouder53

Hooked
It's a couple levels beyond Christmas!

I received my exhaust today and got it installed real quick tonight. I went with the Magnaflow Rock Crawler series and I really love the sound. I almost went with the pro series that dumped in front of the rear axle, but I was worried it would have been too loud for what I wanted. The rock crawler series sounds great with a nice low tone. It gets a little aggressive when you step on it, but I would totally recommend this system. Super easy to install. The hardest part was getting the stock exhaust off from the rubber isolators. Magnaflow makes a nice clean system.

I’ve looked at exhaust systems, but like you I didn’t want anything super loud. I’ll have to look into that system you got [emoji106]

PEACEMAKER1

New update from this weekend on the build. As you saw previously, I installed the BBK a week ago. This weekend, I wanted to install my ARB twin compressor on the vehicle. I was pretty set on installing the compressor in the engine compartment near the brake reservoir. However, I didn’t realize, until I started, that the compressor wouldn’t fit with the BBK kit installed due to the larger brake reservoir causing interference. This was also the consensus on WAL when I looked it up after realizing I had a problem. Now, this was a set-back, but I really didn’t want to put the compressor in the vehicle. So…I think people who want both the BBK with the ARB twin compressor installed in the engine compartment will find this post exciting.

I will do my best to explain the pics, but in summary, I moved the brake reservoir to make room again for the ARB compressor. I created an aluminum bracket that would bolt to the upper-right brake booster flange bolt. This bracket was assembled to hold the reservoir at the proper height and level, with tubing to connect the reservoir to the MC grommets. Here is a collection of images showing the beginning where I was measuring for where I wanted the reservoir, and following are pictures of the bracket assembled and then installed with tubing.

IMG_20180727_182359.jpg

IMG_20180728_194106.jpg

IMG_20180728_194112.jpg

IMG_20180729_092939.jpg

After getting the reservoir relocated, I worked on modifying the original compressor bracket. The original bracket extended to my new reservoir location where the locker manifold was supposed to be. I cut that part off the bracket and relocated it to directly behind the compressor when mounted. I relocated the horn to underneath the compressor bracket as see in the images. Here are some images of the modified bracket and compressor installation:

IMG_20180729_102924.jpg

IMG_20180729_114319.jpg

And...the final product :)

IMG_20180729_150623.jpg

BaddestCross

New update from this weekend on the build. As you saw previously, I installed the BBK a week ago. This weekend, I wanted to install my ARB twin compressor on the vehicle. I was pretty set on installing the compressor in the engine compartment near the brake reservoir. However, I didn’t realize, until I started, that the compressor wouldn’t fit with the BBK kit installed due to the larger brake reservoir causing interference. This was also the consensus on WAL when I looked it up after realizing I had a problem. Now, this was a set-back, but I really didn’t want to put the compressor in the vehicle. So…I think people who want both the BBK with the ARB twin compressor installed in the engine compartment will find this post exciting.

I will do my best to explain the pics, but in summary, I moved the brake reservoir to make room again for the ARB compressor. I created an aluminum bracket that would bolt to the upper-right brake booster flange bolt. This bracket was assembled to hold the reservoir at the proper height and level, with tubing to connect the reservoir to the MC grommets. Here is a collection of images showing the beginning where I was measuring for where I wanted the reservoir, and following are pictures of the bracket assembled and then installed with tubing.

View attachment 307040

View attachment 307041

View attachment 307042

View attachment 307043

After getting the reservoir relocated, I worked on modifying the original compressor bracket. The original bracket extended to my new reservoir location where the locker manifold was supposed to be. I cut that part off the bracket and relocated it to directly behind the compressor when mounted. I relocated the horn to underneath the compressor bracket as see in the images. Here are some images of the modified bracket and compressor installation:

View attachment 307044

View attachment 307045

And...the final product :)

View attachment 307046
Looks good! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome! I will let you know how it sounds inside the cab as I drive it over the next couple days.

I have that exhaust. I had to swap back in the factory resonator in front of the “muffler” to reduce the noise level and change the exhaust tone. It sound too much like a rice burner for my tastes with a loud drone, but after the resonator went back in, it tamed it back down and gave it more of a deeper tone.

Top Bottom