Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Building PEACEMAKER

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I have that exhaust. I had to swap back in the factory resonator in front of the “muffler” to reduce the noise level and change the exhaust tone. It sound too much like a rice burner for my tastes with a loud drone, but after the resonator went back in, it tamed it back down and gave it more of a deeper tone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mind how it sounds currently, pretty good to me. However, I am thinking about giving your method a try to see the difference. I don't mind the volume, it's more about the tone.

Hooked
    I received my front bumper in the mail today and was able to get it installed this evening (pics below). I really like the quality and look of the bumper. It has a very solid feel and clean construction. The install was pretty straight forward. The only disclaimer I would provide is, on this shorty version, it can be difficult to get the mounting bolts installed. The shorty version impedes the space where you insert the bolts from the front toward the back, but with a little finesse, it is definitely possible. Other than that, the construction was very well thought out. There are slots on the bottom edge to get a wrench on the bolts while you tighten the nuts on the inside. Mounting the winch was also straight forward and fit perfectly. I routed my winch cables up behind the stock airbox and directly toward the battery. The cables were the perfect length for this without any extra slack.

IMG_20180806_205536.jpg

MVIMG_20180806_205518.jpg

I am looking forward to the next step in the build...not sure what that will be yet. I decided to give Dynatrac a call today and asked them to go with 5.13 instead of the 4.88s. I figured the slightly larger gears would be better if I ever wanted to go with larger tires...but also because I would rather have the more torque. They also said the axles would be finished sometime mid September....so that will be a nice painful wait. But I am thinking about prepping for the lift and large tires, maybe cutting my stock fenders and looking into some sliders. I would be happy to hear anyones opinion on sliders. Also, I have been looking into a cage, not sure to go with the Evo or the Rock Hard cage system. Any advice?

Looking good. Can't wait to see more! I really like my Rock Hard cage. I don't think you'd go wrong with either of them.

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACEMAKER1 View Post
    Also, I have been looking into a cage, not sure to go with the Evo or the Rock Hard cage system. Any advice?
    things are looking good. i'm debating the same thing myself.

I believe on the Scarlet Witch build thread he has some good pics of his install of the Rock Hard cage.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJason View Post
    Looking good. Can't wait to see more! I really like my Rock Hard cage. I don't think you'd go wrong with either of them.
    Thanks for the advice! I am leaning towards the RockHard. I like the round geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    things are looking good. i'm debating the same thing myself.
    Yes for sure both great options and I know I couldn't go wrong either way. I wonder if there is any differences between the visibility of the two cages...

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    I believe on the Scarlet Witch build thread he has some good pics of his install of the Rock Hard cage.
    Thanks for the info. I took a look at that build thread, very awesome! I sent a message asking more, but the RH definitely looks good colored and installed.

That build does look awesome. Another thing I’ve found a couple years back on this forum is to cut the bottom of a milk jug to protect the corners on the dash. Just something I put in the good ol’ memory bank for when I do my RH cage. Lol

Jeep looks great, come September you're gonna have yourself a real beast! Looking forward to seeing the finished product 👍👋

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrcherr View Post
    Jeep looks great, come September you're gonna have yourself a real beast! Looking forward to seeing the finished product 👍👋
    Thanks! Yeah the September timeline, although not that far away, is going to be a struggle. I am mostly just looking forward to getting it all put together so I can get out on the trails.

Great looking jeep you have there. Looks like I will go with the same bumper.

I have the RH cage in mine. Love it. I'm tall and have no issues with seeing out. I think the EVO gives a little more visibility though. I'll post up some pics soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon
    Bright White
    Hardtop
    4.10-Auto

Modifications so far: EVO LEVEL, LOD Rock Rails, Rock Hard oil/trans skid, Rock Hard Sport Cage, Drake hood latches, Truck-lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually D2 LED's, DIY Grill Inserts, CB, Spiderweb Shade, Poison Spyder Diff. Covers.

Build Thread (SLOW) - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...r-build-thread

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast