Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Building PEACEMAKER

Nice work, that thing is looking sharp.

Just when I thought I didnít want coilovers...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Jeep looks great. I am planning on ordering the EVO coiler kit soon and wouldn't mind asking what convinced you to get the long arm kit over the enforcer pro kit with the adjustable arms that use the stock pivot points?

Thanks for any input!

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteWilly View Post
    Nice work, that thing is looking sharp.

Just when I thought I didnít want coilovers...

HA! DO IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
    Jeep looks great. I am planning on ordering the EVO coiler kit soon and wouldn't mind asking what convinced you to get the long arm kit over the enforcer pro kit with the adjustable arms that use the stock pivot points?

Thanks for any input!
    Welcome to WAL! I went with the long arms to retain good on-road driving. Despite my continuous move to more off-road capability, Peacemaker is my daily driver. However, I do live in Flagstaff where daily driving is 15 minutes to work...so I guess take that comment loosely haha! I can't tell you though what it would drive like without the long arms and coilovers. You would have to ask someone else with that set-up and see if they are happy. If you do decide to go long arms, then it's a bit more $$ and time for the install, so be prepared for the latter.

Wow your build itís awesome man great job!!

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Awesome Jeep! Glad youíre putting it to use

Thanks! I am continually adding to my list of trips I want to take this year. I hope to one day get together and wheel with some of you awesome WAL memebers at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford33 View Post
    Wow your build itís awesome man great job!!

Thank you! I am currently in that stage of deciding how little $$$ I really want or need to live on

Hooked
    It has been a while since I posted some updates, sorry about that. The beginning of this year has been a whirlwind with lots of work travel. But I was able to fit every other waking moment into the Jeep build It has been nice having a break on all the large improvements, and I am heading out to Moab in two weeks to use it all!

So last month I was able to get the Rock Hard cage installed and I am very happy with the results. I also got my ham installed and I just bought a handheld CB for when I run with people who don't use ham. I also upgraded my drag link to the Synergy because I was getting flex in the stock drag link making my steering more loose than I wanted. The Synergy works great but it also barely fit on the 1550 knuckles with the massive tie rod there also. I am looking forward to upgrading to the complete PSC in the future, but this is working fine for now. I also got the stereo upgraded to a Sony AX5000 head unit, and I installed JBL club 6.5" components all the way around. They sounds so clear and it's not even funny how much of an improvement over the stock system. I also took out the 8" factory sub and I put a 10" kicker in the back, but I am still working on building a box that I like. I am trying to build something that is similar to the stock enclosure that saves as much space as possible while still being large enough for the 10"...so stay tuned on that. I also was able to install the amp for the sub under the passenger seat so it is tucked away and even high enough that if water entered the tub, I wouldn't really have any worries. And lastly, I finally got my rotopax installed

IMG_20190128_174841.jpg

IMG_20190128_175025.jpg

IMG_20190128_175038.jpg

IMG_20190128_174930.jpg

IMG_20190128_174914.jpg

IMG_20190128_174746.jpg

MVIMG_20190128_174820.jpg

IMG_20190128_174829.jpg

IMG_20190128_174810.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PEACEMAKER1 View Post
    Is that the CB up there? I was considering doing mine in the same position but wasnít sure if there were any possible issues running power and cable to it. Iím thinking of doing it on an overhead molle panel.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMericaMyCopilot View Post
    Is that the CB up there? I was considering doing mine in the same position but wasnít sure if there were any possible issues running power and cable to it. Iím thinking of doing it on an overhead molle panel.

It's my Ham. I just have a handheld CB that's clipped down on the passenger seat. But, yes the power wasn't an issue. I ran the power to the Ham from the battery through the firewall where there is a large wire harness with rubber grommet, then down along the door seal tucked under everything, up the B pillar and over to the unit. The antenna cable I have just makes the distance for where it is mounted now. I also like it mounted where it is because if it were to rain, the units are protected by the cage. I also chose to mount it there so the speaker is next to my ear so I can hear it clearly, and provide adequate cooling for the transceiver.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456