Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JKU tpms

Fresh Catch

JKU tpms

I purchased a set of used 17" wheels that do not have TPMS. I'm searching online for a set and it seems like the prices are all over the place from $50-$250. I obviously don't want to put a set in and only to find they don't work after having the tires mounted and balanced but I also don't want to buy the $250 ones if a cheaper set will work.

Anyone have any input on where I can pick up 5 that will work with a 2015 JKU? Do I need to check serial numbers or something???

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!

Call the dealer ask for part numbers and then check amazon and eBay. I just did this for my truck dealer wanted $280 I got em for $120 online

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think 2017s use the ones that have 433Mhz transmission frequency

They are the 433 Mhz. I bought mine off eBay. Pretty cheap less then a 100$, But I also learned there are two different size valve stems.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    This was the number on my 2014. I think they are the same. Got them on Amazon.

56029398AB

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Been Around the Block Gobicon2017's Avatar
    Kinda same question here. Iím about to swap stock rims to kmc machetes. Do most swap over tmps sensors or run without them?

Gobicon 2017 JKU Recon build

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=51738

JKU tpms

I actually went with the ARB TPMS system. My jk did not come with the tire pressure read out. Just the dash light. I used my procal to turn off the OEM tpms and then installed the ARB TPMS. I can set the pressure warning at what ever value I choose. When we air down for week long trips, I drop it to 15. On the way home I reset it to 28. Itís nice knowing the accurate pressure at any moment.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

JKU tpms

I happen happen to be in a process of swapping wheels now, for about 3 fíing months now. I have one TPM out, hereís the number off of my 2014. I am sure itís the same part number for many years and models. You can buy TPM ready valve stems from Discount Tire or any other tire shop, make sure to get the screw on type. About $7 a pop.
    IMG_7086.jpg
    IMG_7087.jpg

If itís possible to install TPMs without interference with the rim, I donít see a reason not to swap them into new wheels.

Here amazon search for that part number
    https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...SAAEgI3CvD_BwE
    Last edited by VeruGE*144; 07-26-2018 at 12:33 AM.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    Kinda same question here. Iím about to swap stock rims to kmc machetes. Do most swap over tmps sensors or run without them?

I ran one Jeep with no TPMS, and used the Procal to zero the system. The other I put them in the aftermarket wheels. Iíd run them, personally. Iím generation X, so most of my life I didnít have TPMS. Itís nice to let the computer check your tires, though.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Been Around the Block Gobicon2017's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I actually went with the ARB TPMS system. My jk did not come with the tire pressure read out. Just the dash light. I used my procal to turn off the OEM tpms and then installed the ARB TPMS. I can set the pressure warning at what ever value I choose. When we air down for week long trips, I drop it to 15. On the way home I reset it to 28. Itís nice knowing the accurate pressure at any moment.

Good deal. I can adjust or turn mine down or off using the td2

Gobicon 2017 JKU Recon build

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=51738

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast