JKU tpms

toups'wrangler

I purchased a set of used 17" wheels that do not have TPMS. I'm searching online for a set and it seems like the prices are all over the place from $50-$250. I obviously don't want to put a set in and only to find they don't work after having the tires mounted and balanced but I also don't want to buy the $250 ones if a cheaper set will work.

Anyone have any input on where I can pick up 5 that will work with a 2015 JKU? Do I need to check serial numbers or something???

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I actually went with the ARB TPMS system. My jk did not come with the tire pressure read out. Just the dash light. I used my procal to turn off the OEM tpms and then installed the ARB TPMS. I can set the pressure warning at what ever value I choose. When we air down for week long trips, I drop it to 15. On the way home I reset it to 28. It’s nice knowing the accurate pressure at any moment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I happen happen to be in a process of swapping wheels now, for about 3 f’ing months now. I have one TPM out, here’s the number off of my 2014. I am sure it’s the same part number for many years and models. You can buy TPM ready valve stems from Discount Tire or any other tire shop, make sure to get the screw on type. About $7 a pop.
IMG_7086.jpg
IMG_7087.jpg

If it’s possible to install TPMs without interference with the rim, I don’t see a reason not to swap them into new wheels.

Here amazon search for that part number
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...MIrKvGqLW73AIVk8DACh2m2wrGEAAYASAAEgI3CvD_BwE

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Kinda same question here. I’m about to swap stock rims to kmc machetes. Do most swap over tmps sensors or run without them?

I ran one Jeep with no TPMS, and used the Procal to zero the system. The other I put them in the aftermarket wheels. I’d run them, personally. I’m generation X, so most of my life I didn’t have TPMS. It’s nice to let the computer check your tires, though.

Gobicon2017

I actually went with the ARB TPMS system. My jk did not come with the tire pressure read out. Just the dash light. I used my procal to turn off the OEM tpms and then installed the ARB TPMS. I can set the pressure warning at what ever value I choose. When we air down for week long trips, I drop it to 15. On the way home I reset it to 28. It’s nice knowing the accurate pressure at any moment.

Good deal. I can adjust or turn mine down or off using the td2

Top Bottom