Tips for removing these decals

jorgelrod

Hooked
My Sport decals have started peeling, I had ignored it but today I looked at the one on the driver side and it looks bad, any tips on how to remove the adhesive after I pull it?

Attachments

• BDEF862E-6ACC-4801-A42B-87C179A55372.jpg
    BDEF862E-6ACC-4801-A42B-87C179A55372.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 345

Bear_JT

Hooked
My Sport decals have started peeling, I had ignored it but today I looked at the one on the driver side and it looks bad, any tips on how to remove the adhesive after I pull it?

Auto body supply shops sell an attachment for the end of a drill that is like a big pencil eraser and it basically just rubs off the decal and adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
If you have a heat gun that'll work too. Get it good and hot and a plastic squeegee will scrape it off. Use WD40 on the leftover adhesive.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Heat gun is dangerous on paint. I use a hair dryer to heat up the decals and pull them off. I use lighter fluid and a rag to remove the adhesive. You can also use WD-40. Make sure to re-wax the area after using a solvent.

Ddays

Hooked
Heat gun is dangerous on paint. I use a hair dryer to heat up the decals and pull them off. I use lighter fluid and a rag to remove the adhesive. You can also use WD-40. Make sure to re-wax the area after using a solvent.

Some heat guns have 2 settings ;)

Ddays

Hooked
I should reword that to "Heatguns are dangerous to paint with me operating it."

Don't get me started on power washers are dangerous to patio furniture.....

:cheesy:

Power washers are another thing that should come with two power settings!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
lol, other than plasma cutter, if you peeled of most of the sticker and only have the sticky/glue part left. This should take it off pretty easy, just spray it on, let sit for couple minutes and it should wipe right off.
IMG_7080.JPG

Slimebones

Goo Gone or Goof Off, same stuff. Available at any hardware supply store. Works wonders for this type of stuff. Won't harm finish and does not cost much.

Top Bottom