JL aftermarket tire carrier

Allenn

I’m looking for someone that makes a rear bumper and tire carrier that will fit a 42” tire. Hauk off-road offers one, but dang I don’t really want to spend 1800$ . Everything else I have found only goes up to a 40”. I have 4 Tires and all 5 wheels I was thinking about making my spare be a 40” tire would that be stupid ? Another thing if I bought a 40” spare it would be a different brand tire than the 42’s I have they don’t make one in a 40. Thanks for any advice.

Ddays

Hooked
I’m looking for someone that makes a rear bumper and tire carrier that will fit a 42” tire. Hauk off-road offers one, but dang I don’t really want to spend 1800$ . Everything else I have found only goes up to a 40”. I have 4 Tires and all 5 wheels I was thinking about making my spare be a 40” tire would that be stupid ? Another thing if I bought a 40” spare it would be a different brand tire than the 42’s I have they don’t make one in a 40. Thanks for any advice.

Have you checked out the JL sister site JLwrangler.com ? I'd post there as well.

Not sure about the carrier but to be blunt, yes, carrying a 40" spare if you're running 42's on the vehicle is stupid. Monumentally stupid in fact. You'd be tearing shit up and constantly turning in one direction - ever hear of tire stagger in the Sprint Cup or whatever the fuck they're calling that series now...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Let me try to get a better understanding of things... you have a $50k JL, running 42" tires that can cost anywhere from about $500-$900 a pop, wheels that may be $300 each, I assume upgraded axles that cost $15k-$18k and who knows what suspension that costs thousands as well and you're having heart ache over $1800? :thinking:

I-Eat-Mud

One of my reasons for sticking to 40s instead of going larger is that the 40 inch spare is already unwieldy. I wouldn’t want to deal with any larger. Do you already have 42s or are you planning on them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Allenn

Let me try to get a better understanding of things... you have a $50k JL, running 42" tires that can cost anywhere from about $500-$900 a pop, wheels that may be $300 each, I assume upgraded axles that cost $15k-$18k and who knows what suspension that costs thousands as well and you're having heart ache over $1800? :thinking:

Lol more like he wife . She’s starting to ask questions.

Allenn

Carrying a spare 40 instead of a 42 would not be a good idea... out of curiosity what have you done to the Jeep so it can handle 42’s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry I typed out a long paragraph of what all mods it had and it wouldn’t post for some reason said it was to short. Probably took me to long to type it. I will type it out again here later.

Allenn

Just now starting to ask? :cheesy:

She’s pissed I told her I didn’t see why she wanted a new bed room suit. Her reply is she didn’t see why I need all this stuff for a brand new Jeep haha. So looks like we will be getting a new bedroom suit.

Allenn

She would have a stroke if she knew how much I spent on axles. Most of the stuff I buy I just get delivered to the 4wd shop I use lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I think others have asked but are the 42's a done deal or are they still on order? If the later, I personally would reconsider going that big. Sure, they look cool and there's nothing wrong with that but I don't know if I've seen an instance where they were needed to conquer an obstacle that would have otherwise stopped a set of 40's .

Stotch

Caught the Bug
She’s pissed I told her I didn’t see why she wanted a new bed room suit. Her reply is she didn’t see why I need all this stuff for a brand new Jeep haha. So looks like we will be getting a new bedroom suit.

*suite I assume?

Or is this what you meant:
grey-2_grande.png
LOL

MDK210

I didn't even think there were enough parts out for the JL to support something that crazy. Guess the aftermarket is finally cathing up.

Top Bottom