SUZUKI JIMNY Way of Life?? WTF!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Someone just sent me a link to a commercial for the all new Suzuki Jimny. Kinda looks like a modern version of their old Samurai but what what caught their attention and mine was their slogan... "Suzuki Way of Life"

WTF :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The whole thing is pretty lame. Unfortunately, there's no way I could copyright "way of life" as it's been around forever and applied to so many things but for off-roading... this is and has been our slogan and for a very long time. Of course, even if I did have a copyright on it, this ad isn't intended for the American market and I would only have rights here. Kinda disappointed in Suzuki.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I think it’s said that “imitation is the greatest form of flattery.” Sucks, but you never know. If some googles way of life looking for the jimny it will lead them here. Good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

If I'm not mistaking I read somewhere that those run 2 stroke engines. I know for a fact the older ones did because they were trying to keep it in the Japanese "K Car" category for regulatory reasons.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I had forgotten about this from when I worked there, but Suzuki have had ‘way of life’ as their slogan in Australia for at least 20 years across their entire range.

Do you know what market that ad is for?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
If I'm not mistaking I read somewhere that those run 2 stroke engines. I know for a fact the older ones did because they were trying to keep it in the Japanese "K Car" category for regulatory reasons.

Old ones did. New ones have 3 or 4 cyl 4 strokes with hybrid options. The samurai has always been called a Jimny over here

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The whole thing is pretty lame. Unfortunately, there's no way I could copyright "way of life" as it's been around forever and applied to so many things but for off-roading... this is and has been our slogan and for a very long time. Of course, even if I did have a copyright on it, this ad isn't intended for the American market and I would only have rights here. Kinda disappointed in Suzuki.

You probably can with quite a bit of money invested. Not sure if you know who he is, but a big youtube photographer, Jared Polin, after years or legal work, was able to trademark "I shoot raw" in the photography sphere. You can probably get the Wayalife/Way of Life trademarked in the offroad world, but at probably quite a ridiculous cost.

Top Bottom