Pro steer ball joints rebuild

black pearl

Hooked
So I just ordered a rebuild kit for my ball joints. Drivers side has a ton of play in it(found the front end shimmy). Is says the kit come with all the parts to rebuild all four joints. So my question as I haven't had rebuildable joints before. Do I just rebuild the ones that are bad and save the other parts for when needed? Or do I rebuild all of them at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I’d do at least both the upper and lower on each side while the knuckles are off.

Do the full driver side and then when you have time in the future knock that passenger side out.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I’d do at least both the upper and lower on each side while the knuckles are off.

Do the full driver side and then when you have time in the future knock that passenger side out.
That's all I would do too. Wouldn't want to do any more work than you have to.

black pearl

Hooked

Thank you. This is what I was thinking. Wasn't sure what common practice was or is. I should have time to do both sides. I have about three weeks till I'm on the rubicon again. Hopefully they ship out sooner than later.

black pearl

Hooked
Someone on here will be able to answer my question. Rebuilding my ball joints today upper no real problems. Lowers I can't find instructions to get them apart. Everything I've found is for a different style. This is what I have. IMG_2950.jpg the information I have found on Dynatrac's page and other places is a different style of lower, that looks similar to the upper just flush top.

WJCO

Meme King
Someone on here will be able to answer my question. Rebuilding my ball joints today upper no real problems. Lowers I can't find instructions to get them apart. Everything I've found is for a different style. This is what I have. View attachment 307486 the information I have found on Dynatrac's page and other places is a different style of lower, that looks similar to the upper just flush top.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/39475-Dynatrac-Ball-Joints?p=1057621&viewfull=1#post1057621

Top Bottom