Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What is the difference between Dynatrac Endero lift kit and Mopar FOX 2" lift kit?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch jonaprils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6

    What is the difference between Dynatrac Endero lift kit and Mopar FOX 2" lift kit?

    This is Jonathan,
    I recently traded in my 2015 JK 2 door for the 2018 Jeep JLU Sport 3.6L
    It's amazing the room you gain going to the Unlimited.

    Was wondering what the difference between the Dynatrac and Mopars with FOX struts 2" lift kit?
    I recently won a Mopar 2" lift kit in a raffle and was wondering how the Mopar lift kit rated?
    Looks identical in the pictures but could not make out the details.

    With this lift kit installed on a JLU Sport model, what size tires and rims can I go up to?
    What rims need spacers and which do not?

    Also was wonder about your thoughts on the Rock-Slide Engineering steps / rock rails. Drop down steps
    https://www.rockslideengineering.com...me&dir=asc&p=1

  2. #2
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,231
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaprils View Post
    Was wondering what the difference between the Dynatrac and Mopars with FOX struts 2" lift kit?
    Well, for one, the EnduroSport lift is made by Dynatrac and the Mopar kit is made by Mopar.

    I recently won a Mopar 2" lift kit in a raffle and was wondering how the Mopar lift kit rated? Looks identical in the pictures but could not make out the details.
    They're similar but not "identical". The Dynatrac kit comes with Fox 2.0 monotube shocks and the Mopar kit comes with 2.5. The Mopar kit also sits taller, uses softer coils (why they tend to bow) and comes with new, fixed lower control arms. Based on what I've seen, the Mopar kit is a good comfortable kit but I personally think the Dynatrac kit feels way more solid especially when it comes to cornering, hard stops and take offs.

    With this lift kit installed on a JLU Sport model, what size tires and rims can I go up to?
    What rims need spacers and which do not?
    35" tires unless you install taller bump stop extensions. I personally would recommend 17" diameter wheels and you'll want no more than 5.5" of back spacing if you can help it and no less than 4.5". You can go less but you'll exacerbate rubbing of the fenders.

    Also was wonder about your thoughts on the Rock-Slide Engineering steps / rock rails. Drop down steps
    https://www.rockslideengineering.com...me&dir=asc&p=1
    Awesome idea but not something I would run if you play hard on the rocks.

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch jonaprils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6

    Jeep Wave of Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by jonaprils View Post
    This is Jonathan,
    I recently traded in my 2015 JK 2 door for the 2018 Jeep JLU Sport 3.6L
    It's amazing the room you gain going to the Unlimited.

    Was wondering what the difference between the Dynatrac and Mopars with FOX struts 2" lift kit?
    I recently won a Mopar 2" lift kit in a raffle and was wondering how the Mopar lift kit rated?
    Looks identical in the pictures but could not make out the details.

    With this lift kit installed on a JLU Sport model, what size tires and rims can I go up to?
    What rims need spacers and which do not?

    Also was wonder about your thoughts on the Rock-Slide Engineering steps / rock rails. Drop down steps
    https://www.rockslideengineering.com...me&dir=asc&p=1


    Jeep wave of Thanks

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

    35" tires unless you install taller bump stop extensions. I personally would recommend 17" diameter wheels and you'll want no more than 5.5" of back spacing if you can help it and no less than 4.5". You can go less but you'll exacerbate rubbing of the fenders.
    Eddie, so I have ordered my 2019 JLU Rubicon - (should be here in a week or two now when the train of perpetual stopping in every town makes its stop here. )
    I am planning on a lift, but wanted to go to 37" tires - still trying to find the wheels. I have been trying to get my head around the backspacing/offset items. And came across this message above, I am not sure I understand why less than 4.5 backspacing would rub on the fenders, I thought the greater number of inches pull the rim/tire in closer and would have greater chance of rubbing - am I missing something on this?

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,231
    Quote Originally Posted by grein46087 View Post
    Eddie, so I have ordered my 2019 JLU Rubicon - (should be here in a week or two now when the train of perpetual stopping in every town makes its stop here. )
    I am planning on a lift, but wanted to go to 37" tires - still trying to find the wheels. I have been trying to get my head around the backspacing/offset items. And came across this message above, I am not sure I understand why less than 4.5 backspacing would rub on the fenders, I thought the greater number of inches pull the rim/tire in closer and would have greater chance of rubbing - am I missing something on this?
    Yes, you are missing the fact that the EDGE of the fenders hang down considerably LOWER than the underside of the liner. Sure, if you have too much back spacing, you would rub things like your lower control arms or frame rails as a full turn but that's not what I'm talking about here. At about 4.5", your tires will tuck up and under the fenders and take advantage of the space above where as too little back spacing like 3.5" would stick your tread out far enough to catch the edge or lip of it. Does this make sense?

  6. #6
    Hooked CapnMericaMyCopilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by grein46087 View Post
    Eddie, so I have ordered my 2019 JLU Rubicon - (should be here in a week or two now when the train of perpetual stopping in every town makes its stop here. )
    I am planning on a lift, but wanted to go to 37" tires - still trying to find the wheels. I have been trying to get my head around the backspacing/offset items. And came across this message above, I am not sure I understand why less than 4.5 backspacing would rub on the fenders, I thought the greater number of inches pull the rim/tire in closer and would have greater chance of rubbing - am I missing something on this?
    Maybe it’s just specific in my case, but with the lower backspace I think part of the problem is where the tire sits in relation to the edge of the fender. Even with 33s I rub. If the tires sat within the fender instead of sticking out they would clear the turned down fender edge.

    A160C70E-15D0-4D3A-A070-9E4011002CBC.jpgIMG_5931.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Mopar 2" lift
    By TonyP in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2018, 09:23 AM
  2. New Mopar 4" lift kit
    By Buneewunee in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 06:32 AM
  3. New Mopar 4" lift
    By bowtech50 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 11:33 PM
  4. Mopar 3" Lift?
    By NBarton in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 01:45 AM
  5. Mopar 2" lift kit
    By Cajun JK in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS