Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Help Your JL Wrangler Breathe Better Again

VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Help Your JL Wrangler Breathe Better Again

Changing out your air filter and on a regular basis is one of the best things you can do to help keep your Jeep JL Wrangler breathing in clean fresh air. Of course, it'll also go a long way to help give it better fuel economy, reduce emissions, improve acceleration and of course, prolonging the life of your engine. Fortunately, this is something that anyone can do, in just a few minutes and this short video, will show you how.

What You Will Need
    • Mopar Air Filter - Part# 68257030AA
    • Philips Screw Driver
    • 8mm Socket
    • Ratchet
    • Long Ratchet Extension

I hope that you find our quick tip on how why you should change out your Jeep JL Wrangler's air filter and how to do it to be helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Informative and entertaining.
    Embrace the Recoil!

Looks simple enough. No more clips and the new filter looks better than the one in my 2012 JK. Maybe motor replacements drove them to change and use a better design.... Thanks for sharing. How many miles were on your filter and how often do you typically change them?

Awesome video! Is there a reason you do not use a reusable filter like a k&n?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post

Dealerships have been known to void warranties for using them. Some have shown to let more dirt and debris through than the OEM filters.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Dealerships have been known to void warranties for using them. Some have shown to let more dirt and debris through than the OEM filters.
    Oh I had no idea about that! Good to know

Hooked
    Thanks for the video. It's a great tip.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Looks simple enough. No more clips and the new filter looks better than the one in my 2012 JK. Maybe motor replacements drove them to change and use a better design.... Thanks for sharing. How many miles were on your filter and how often do you typically change them?
    Oh yeah, the JL filter is WAY NICER than what the JK had. There are way more pleats and the filter element seems to do a much better job of holding back dirt. I'm pretty pleased with it. I had about 11,000 miles on this one but had been meaning to replace it about 3,000 miles ago - just been way too busy. As far as how often I change mine goes, it really depends on the kind of conditions I've been in. Fortunately, Cindy and I are typically leading packs and so we see a lot less dust and under those situations, maybe once every 15,000. Recently, we've been in heavy dust conditions either helping at races or following a friend on a trip and so I really wanted to get this done a lot sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Reusable high flow filters are great on cars but allow way too much dirt to pass into the engine. I would NOT recommend one if you spend a lot of time in the dust like we do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast