JL Seat Extension

Miningengineer13

I saw last night (07/31/18) that Extend My Seat has added a seat extension for the new 2018 JL Wrangler (I'm the proud owner of a new Rubicon 2018 JL). The seat extension is expected to ship September 1 and is available for pre-order now. It is $265.00 and with shipping my order to VA via UPS ground came to $296.37. I had contacted Extend My Seat back in June when I acquired my JL and encouraged them to add to their already existing JK extender. Sounds like I was not the only one.

I'm 6'1" and even though I cannot touch the firewall with my left foot, I feel like a few inches extra room for my right foot on the accelerator would be very beneficial, even more so this winter with bulky clothing and boots. So, this saves me the task of custom fabrication. I'm not sure how much extension will be provided; however, guessing from the images on their site of the floor bracket, say ~2" more or less? Thought the taller jeep owners would appreciate the news. We'll see if my attachments worked ... first time using ... bear with me.

On a secondary note, years ago when taking my 1946 CJ-2A Fire Jeep through a frame off restoration, I added a two 4" sections to the front of the seat frames, and notched (very professionally I think), the left rear fender. This allows a taller person to very comfortably drive a "flattie" with a "back-of-seat-to-face-of-clutch-pedal" distance akin to a CJ-7. Well, "comfortable" is a relative term with the original CJ-2A seats ... LOL. I'll take some pics and include at a future date.

Extend My Seat JL 1.jpg Extend My Seat JL 2.jpg Extend My Seat JL 3.jpg

DogHouse

There’s going to be plenty of folks on here that will tell you where you can stick your seat extensions. I on the other hand will just sit back and watch the hilarity ensue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Miningengineer13

Life is Good

Well yes, rather expect flak anytime something is posted anywhere these days. For example, post that you like the Glock-19X on the Glock Forum and watch the sparks fly! It feels good and I shoot it well. I envision much the same with but a few more inches of leg room. I certainly wish the price was lower; however, having the ease of a bolt in simple fix is worth it to me at this point in time. Not all of us were made the same and I don't mind tweaking vehicles to fit me better, especially after past injuries and age leaves one a bit less flexible. Life is good. I thank God every day I draw breath and live in the greatest country on the face of the earth. I added a simple, less than $1, Jeep accessory from Wal-Mart that offsets the price of the extension anyway. Probably get flak for it too. LOL.

jeep flag accessory.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Your post reads like an advertisement for a product you are selling. I think that’s what some are reacting to.

Top Bottom