Howdy from deep South Texas

Damunoz32

Howdy everyone, I used to be a pretty frequent poster over on JKF. I've since strayed away a bit and I logged back on the other day to find that the Oh's were no longer affiliated with the site, so I decided to follow 'em over. I've had an account here for quite sometime, I just never took the opportunity to use it. So, without further ado, here's a little about myself...

My name is Dante, I'm 20 years old, I reside in Weslaco, Tx and I've had my '09 JKU for about 4 years now. I've done very minor upgrades, everything has been a DIY driveway job for me (minus the tires). When I acquired my JK, I received it from my aunt who couldn't keep up w/ the payments. So my father did me the favor of taking over on payments (back when I was 16) and the Jeep became mine. So, now for the embarrassing part... I drive a 2WD Jeep. For a while, I was determined to convert it over on my own (and I'm still trying to). In April of 2011, my mother was diagnosed with a rare, malicious form of gall bladder cancer and sadly, we lost her that same August. Since that time, my father and I have been back logged on hospital bills and expenses from her passing. Thus, putting my Jeep build on a temporary hiatus seeing as how I can barely make the payments on it. I'm hoping to get out of this difficult situation soon, but for now, my pops and I are just taking it one day at a time.

Now, enough sob stories and more pics!
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Flame Red
3.25" Rough Country Lift
Trimmed Factory Flares
Front bumper chop
285/70/17 Falken Rocky Mtn AT/S

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362599491.548459.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362599514.801756.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362599529.030319.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362599551.835350.jpg

Last edited:

Chiromancer

Welcome! No need to worry on 2wd vs 4wd! In Texas, you can still get through most of the trails... Even if we have to pull you up and over!

JK&Beyond

Judging from the pics, it doesnt look like 2WD is slowing you down, covered in mud with the strap on the bumper just in case. Welcome to WAYALIFE!

Damunoz32

Welcome! No need to worry on 2wd vs 4wd! In Texas, you can still get through most of the trails... Even if we have to pull you up and over!

Well cheers! I appreciate that. I'm fixing to move to Austin the August for school and I'll be taking my Jeep along with me. Hopefully we can meet up and have some barbecue and beers sometime? :beer:

Howdy from Corpus Christi!!

Howdy! I'll be in Corpus all next week! I won't have my Jeep, but it'd be nice to meet some new people! :beer:

Howdy from North Texas!

Howdy!

Judging from the pics, it doesnt look like 2WD is slowing you down, covered in mud with the strap on the bumper just in case. Welcome to WAYALIFE!

That's quite the observation! And thanks! I must say, she does hold up quite well in mud!

Chiromancer

Well cheers! I appreciate that. I'm fixing to move to Austin the August for school and I'll be taking my Jeep along with me. Hopefully we can meet up and have some barbecue and beers sometime? :beer:

/QUOTE]

That sounds great! There is, in my opinion, a great wheeling place just outside Austin called Hidden Falls. And some of the best BBQ in the country can be found in the Austin area. Plus, 512 is based up there and plenty of little brew pubs... You going to school at UT?

Top Bottom