Black Bear Pass, CO

Tricky8

I am contemplating a trip with a couple of close friends to Black Bear Pass and would like to get your opinion, tips, and experiences at this trail.

Thanks for input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Am wanting to do it an a few others in the area while I am in it for the next 2 weeks .. planning to be camped at the amphitheater here in the next day or two as a walk in so hopefully they got something open

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I really would love to hit that trail. If I could get my wife past the point of no return I think I'll be golden.

dillard09

I really would love to hit that trail. If I could get my wife past the point of no return I think I'll be golden.

If she gets scared let her get out and hike down. That's what my wife does. I have done it numerous times but my wife has never been in the jeep with me. 🤷*♂️

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Am wanting to do it an a few others in the area while I am in it for the next 2 weeks .. planning to be camped at the amphitheater here in the next day or two as a walk in so hopefully they got something open

If the amphitheater campground is full, take the uphill gravel road just to the right after making the turn off 550 for the campground. Go up the path a couple of miles and you can camp for free with some amazing views. Have fun on black bear, it's a fun trail.

IMG_4119.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
If the amphitheater campground is full, take the uphill gravel road just to the right after making the turn off 550 for the campground. Go up the path a couple of miles and you can camp for free with some amazing views. Have fun on black bear, it's a fun trail.

View attachment 307472

Good to know .. I know there is also a spot up by dexter creek that is free as well .. along with another campground (thistledown I think it is ) not to far outside Ouray .. am all for free but knowing I will be there for 2 weeks am hoping for a place inside it so I have water access (have 21 gallons but that only gets me by for a week or so with the pup ) .. gonna try to time it so I am showing up just about checkout time ..

wibornz

This trail is on my list. I bet I have watched 15 youtube vids on it. I plan to camp in the area for a few weeks also.

Top Bottom