TJ Journal

El_Duderino

This thread will be my journal of upgrades and repairs for my TJ. I am by no means a gear head and my hope is that sometime down the road I can look back at this thread see my knowledge and hands on skills grow.

My Jeep journey started May this year when my uncle gifted me his 99 Wrangler Sport. It was our deer lease vehicle and has very low mileage for a 1999, 86K miles.

Here is me hauling it back from our former deer lease in Uvalde. IMG_3290.JPG .

The Jeep had sat for the last 18months so I had the battery replaced, flushed all fluids, and replaced all filters. The tires were dry rotted and were also replaced.

New shoes... 32” alts IMG_0014.JPG

The hardtop hadn’t been removed in at least 7years. So I replaced the windshield seal and the seals that stick to the bottom of the hardtop. After replacing the seals I was getting a good bit of wind noise and some water leakage in the front upper corners. I was the able to determine the real problem, the windshield door shields were dry rotted and misshapen. IMG_3358.JPG IMG_3357.JPG

Those were replaced and that helped with the wind noise and fixed the leaks! [emoji16]

This Saturday I installed my new Bestop Trektop NX. I am very excited about this top and plan on selling my hardtop asap.
IMG_3351.JPG IMG_3352.JPG IMG_3354.JPG

On a more serious note, this Wednesday the check engine light came on. I picked up an OBD reader and the code is “P0112 - Intake Air Sensor 1 circuit low.” I also discovered the lower radiator hose was leaking where it connects to the engine. I drained the radiator and engine coolant. After drained, I pulled off the lower hose and replaced the clamps. I couldn’t find any holes or flaws in the hose so I thought the new clamps would resolve the issue... They did not. I suspect the leak is coming from the engine block. FYI... it only leaks when the Jeep is running.

Open items are 1. Investigate the code P0122 & 2. Figure out where the coolant is leaking from.

IMG_3360.JPG IMG_3361.JPG IMG_3362.JPG IMG_3363.JPG
IMG_3368.JPG IMG_3370.JPG IMG_3371.JPG The duct tape was put on the keep the clamp from rubbing against the belt next to it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom