Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Swap

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocralr View Post
    Preeb. I did a thread with pictures of the L94 on it. You should be able to search and find it. Thanks.
    Found it, thx.

Definitely the right way to enjoy your retirement.
    If I may ask, what was the reason to go with the crate L94 motor?

Hooked
    Preeb I went with the L94 because Robbie can get it to pass smog in CA.

Caught the Bug
    Preeb I went with the L94 because Robbie can get it to pass smog in CA.
    I meant between the gen IV to the high comp gen V.

Fresh Catch
    So Motech can guarantee the swap is CA smog legal and can get it through the process in CA? Last time i spoke to Motech, they said they were working on the CA process but didn't have a solution at that time.

Hi everyone. Robbie at Motech has my JKU. I bought a new crate engine/L94. They are doing the swap as we speak. Everything has been taken out and the new L94 and 6L80 transmission are in. I'm still waiting on my new Atlas transfer case. I am very excited. After mine is done it will be very close to what Moby is running. I went with the L94 as I can get it through smog in CA. Robbie and Motech has what it takes to get the swap done right.

Hooked
    Robbie can do it on an L94 working with a one on one situation. He is also getting two vehicles ready for inspection. He thinks he can get what he needs to get them smogged with in the next yr. Everything I am talking about is over my head and I don't want to get what Robbie told me wrong. So it is best too give him a call but I think it looks good for CA.

Fresh Catch

Engine swap

Hi, I had an L9h installed by Motech last January. I live in Ca and I am still waiting for it to be able to pass smog inspection. I have talked to Robbie and he is working very hard to get these engines to pass Ca inspections.

Fresh Catch
    Robbie can do it on an L94 working with a one on one situation. He is also getting two vehicles ready for inspection. He thinks he can get what he needs to get them smogged with in the next yr. Everything I am talking about is over my head and I don't want to get what Robbie told me wrong. So it is best too give him a call but I think it looks good for CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepking59 View Post
    Hi, I had an L9h installed by Motech last January. I live in Ca and I am still waiting for it to be able to pass smog inspection. I have talked to Robbie and he is working very hard to get these engines to pass Ca inspections.
    That is very good news... keep us posted on the results. That is the only piece holding me back.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    That is very good news... keep us posted on the results. That is the only piece holding me back.
    FMI... what are the extra requirements in CA compared with the Federal here? :
    https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...ngswitch_0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by preeb View Post
    FMI... what are the extra requirements in CA compared with the Federal here? :
    https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...ngswitch_0.pdf
    You have to grab your ankles and let the State inspector fuck you up the ass 4 times but the catch is they require a biodegradable vegan lube that is made from a flower that only blossoms once every 2 years and you can only buy enough for a single use per person per bloom. Needless to say, it's an uncomfortable and time consuming process.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Engine Swap

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    You have to grab your ankles and let the State inspector fuck you up the ass 4 times but the catch is they require a biodegradable vegan lube that is made from a flower that only blossoms once every 2 years and you can only buy enough for a single use per person per bloom. Needless to say, it's an uncomfortable and time consuming process.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    They used to apply the lube with a straw, but those have since been banned, so the whole process is in limbo now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast