Where to drill steering arm: D60 Swap

phillypete

I purchased a set of 1 ton axles that a fellow keeper had started to ready for install under his JK.

The steering arm on the passenger knuckle is blank. No holes other than those mounting it to the knuckle and no markings.

How do I determine where to drill the hole for the drag link.

Also what drill and reamer do I use for a flipped drag link.

Thanks!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Mine was 13/16" a few years back... And for the location, I would measure it atleast twice... Trig and angles and math things, ya know? Unless you are freakishly good at running the drill in reverse and sprinkling the shavings back in... :cheesy:

EOD, the draglink is adjustable for a reason... :beer:

Last edited:

phillypete

Mine was 13/16" a few years back... And for the location, I would measure it atleast twice... Trig and angles and math things, ya know? Unless you are freakishly good at running the drill in reverse and sprinkling the shavings back in... :cheesy:

EOD, the draglink is adjustable for a reason... :beer:

What are you guys using for your measurement?

are you measuring the location of the stock hole? What is the reference point? The ball joint?

phillypete

Im confused by your question? A tape measure? :idontknow:

I apologize for the lack of clarity, and appreciate your help.

Do you measure the stock axle from the balljoint to the drag link hole and then locate the hole on the new axle the same?

I understand how to measure things, but what is the measurement I use for the new arm’s hole location and from which point do I measure to locate the center of the new hole.

I hope this helps

Top Bottom