Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - BETTER BOOST for Your BUDGET - RANCHO JL WRANGLER Sport Lift Kit

Quote Originally Posted by elgordomucho View Post
    Eddie I think your pull wagon needs coil overs
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordomucho View Post
    Was finally able to watch the whole video, very nice!
    Seriously! Wait... now you got me thinking

Thank you.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Lol. I know that, because I thought I’d been shipped the wrong shocks, once.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Cool

RS5000X is our "introductory" shock, but don't let the inexpensive cost fool you, they are a great shock. The valving is really cool.
    RS7000MT is a monotube shock, this is a high pressure nitrogen gas charged shock, so a firmer shock. Some do not like a shock that is firm.
    RS90000XL is our adjustable shock, via a knob at the base. This is for ride feel. A 1 setting is very soft, a 8-9 is firm.
    The RS5000X and RS9000XL are available for the JL now in our various SPORT systems, with the RS9000XL being released as a "stand alone" very soon.
    The RS7000MT is in prototype/testing right now.
    Yes we use a universal box for our shocks.
    I think I hit everything on this and now here to answer questions.
    If I don't know the answer, I know a few engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruduc View Post
    Great job once again 👍
    The front come with 9000, rear 7000, but you keeping the 5000 ??? What's the difference between all those, if you change the 5000 will it be better as you seem to feel it a bit harsh ?
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    The kit comes with 5000x. Are you referring to the shock images you saw on the shock boxes? Rancho uses the same box for all their shocks, with pics of each shock on different sides.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't want to hijack the thread, and I didn't even have a JL, I have a JKU, but I think the question will fit anyway ; the 9000 at 1 is soft as what ? And at 9 firm as what ? As firm as the 7000 ? The same kit with those different shock will behave differently ?
    Thanks to take time to answer my questions guys, I really appreciate it ( all of you )

1 is REALLY soft.
    4-5 is OE like.
    7-8 is like a monotube, but a different firm. Think if you are towing, you firm up the rear to help with "porpoising"
    Yes same kit with different shocks will have a different ride feel.
    For example on my JKU, I ran RS9000XL on a 3, switched to the firmer 7000MT, and then back to RS9000XL's. Now I run my 9000's at a 7 or so. I like that "firmness" now.

I don't want to hijack the thread, and I didn't even have a JL, I have a JKU, but I think the question will fit anyway ; the 9000 at 1 is soft as what ? And at 9 firm as what ? As firm as the 7000 ? The same kit with those different shock will behave differently ?
    Thanks to take time to answer my questions guys, I really appreciate it ( all of you )

1 is like you have no shocks whatsoever, 9 is like you welded a piece of rebar across your spring coils. 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

I chuckled at this
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    1 is like you have no shocks whatsoever, 9 is like you welded a piece of rebar across your spring coils. 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

🤣🤣
    Thanks Rancho, I will think of you when time comes to change my OME shocks

OEM lean

I wonder why the factory added the lean and why Rancho didn't do away with it, In a cross wind on the highway this just adds to the bricks handling

Quote Originally Posted by woof359 View Post
    I wonder why the factory added the lean and why Rancho didn't do away with it, In a cross wind on the highway this just adds to the bricks handling
    I think Jeep installed taller coils on the passenger side to help mitigate the lean JK's all have on that side. Unfortunately, I think they just over did it. Rancho isn't the only company following in the footsteps of Jeep - most aftermarket companies are doing the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast