Maybe I’m an idiot...

indyrocker21

So I bought my 2014 Grand Cherokee from a seedy salesman at what I have come to consider a shady dealer. When I told them to provide me with 2 fully functional RKE fobs and that I wanted to buy 2 extras (cause you can never have enough spare keys), they complied and had me pay like $230 for the 2 extra fobs. I recently realized 1 of the fobs will do everything EXCEPT start the vehicle, so took it to dealer to reprogram/fix. Salesman said there is a 3 fob limit to be able to start this model, which he swears he told me...obviously I wouldn’t have dropped an extra $115 for fun after making such an expensive purchase. I can’t find any info online about limits to fobs for the 2014 Grand Cherokees. Does anyone know if 3 really is the limit or if I got screwed by this dealer yet again??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
So I bought my 2014 Grand Cherokee from a seedy salesman at what I have come to consider a shady dealer. When I told them to provide me with 2 fully functional RKE fobs and that I wanted to buy 2 extras (cause you can never have enough spare keys), they complied and had me pay like $230 for the 2 extra fobs. I recently realized 1 of the fobs will do everything EXCEPT start the vehicle, so took it to dealer to reprogram/fix. Salesman said there is a 3 fob limit to be able to start this model, which he swears he told me...obviously I wouldn’t have dropped an extra $115 for fun after making such an expensive purchase. I can’t find any info online about limits to fobs for the 2014 Grand Cherokees. Does anyone know if 3 really is the limit or if I got screwed by this dealer yet again??

IDK, maybe you're SOL on the RKE FOB.... IMO, I'd tell that SOB to pay up ASAP.... Have you tried to GTS?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I just got new key fobs for my VW Jetta and I don’t know about Jeep put for my VW I believe there was a limit for security reasons but I did need multiple keys to have the new keys made and programmed.

indyrocker21

Thank you for that confirmation, BaddestCross! I was definitely feeling like it was BS. I’m taking my Jeep to a different dealer for recalls Friday, so planning to ask them to reprogram it. Haven’t dealt with this new dealer, but anything’s gotta be better than what I’ve dealt with already!!

BaddestCross

Thank you for that confirmation, BaddestCross! I was definitely feeling like it was BS. I’m taking my Jeep to a different dealer for recalls Friday, so planning to ask them to reprogram it. Haven’t dealt with this new dealer, but anything’s gotta be better than what I’ve dealt with already!!

I'd probably go to another dealer and have them reprogram it properly. Or at least, if they come back saying you can only have 3 fobs, you'll know the first dealer wasn't bullshitting you. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

indyrocker21

In calling at least 8 dealerships, 3 said definitively limit of 8 RKE’s for the 2014 Grand Cherokee, 2 said at least 6 but weren’t sure on the limit, and 3 had no clue whatsoever.

I’ve had SOOOO many issues with this salesman at the dealer where I bought the vehicle (took me bringing it in 3 times before they actually cleaned the spilled chips/pop up but they never cleaned the upholstery, he said they changed cabin filter and put odor neutralizer thru but found out months later it still had the original cabin filter so he lied again, the key fob issue, sexual harassment which the owner dismissed because the salesman has Bipolar Disorder, etc.). I’m scheduling for them to replace and program me a 4th fob, and then I’m done with them for good this time!!

Top Bottom