Looking at plastidipping my whole jeep! And i neex opinion!

KeroJK

Hey guys! I have a 2007 JK 2dr in the metallic green color. I did not like the color initially but its growing on me and the price was right that I did not care when I got it. I want to get a different, more vibrant green on and was thinking of plastidip. I read a couple of threads from a while back but people did not bother updating the threads. I attached the green I want below as well as my current color, was initially looking for a mat forest green but they don't have any. The kit will cost me about 400 dollars including their dip gun. Does anyone have experience with plastidipping their car? I know this stuff is good but I also know it's not permanent. I do offroad but not enough where I will scratch the paint consistently, mainly just get very muddy. Any opinions or feedback is great. I don't want to get a real paint job just looking for something I can do for experience and a little fun. 20180709_133915.jpg PCK_NiO_Green_172093e9-6092-4930-9ef2-1a124915b6a5_grande.jpeg

Thank you so much guys!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s lame and not fun anymore. The finish holds onto dirt you can never get it clean. It gets into cracks and crevices when you spray and those spots don’t come out. The dip your car .com sprayable gallon of white I got ate through the clear coat, the vehicle was previously repaired and had a non factory clear coat on one section and it also etched into the factory clear coat on another. It was fun for a few car shows just to screw around but it got old real quick. And yes I did all the prep correctly. IMO it’s the equivalent of angry grills haha

IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I plasti dipped my whole Jeep about 6 years ago, and I wouldn’t recommend it. It didn’t etch into the clear or screw anything up, but it did hold dirt really bad. The coating was surprisingly tough, even held up to some tight trails. Ended up being a bear to take off, and I’m still finding spots that need to be removed years later. I would suggest a wrap if your really wanting something different, but I’m not sure how well they hold up to pin stripping.

KeroJK

I'll look into wrapping just cause I know the pain of plastidip getting dirty. I had my rims dipped before. Thank you for the advise guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vinyl wraps usually start around $1000 for full vehicle. If it were me I’d use that money for some body armor and bedline it. That’ll give you a new look and be functional

Top Bottom