Vinton County (Tar Hollow) in Ohio

nbunga

Caught the Bug
That looks fun. How big of an area is that. Looks like it's only about 4 hours from here.

WJCO

Meme King
Holy shit. That's muddy. There's a trail around here like that that they decided to repair this year. Nasty shit. Looks fun though.

JKJason

It’s the good ole Midwest. It’s muddy even in a drought out here. I hate mud, but what do you do? :/

nbunga,
These are old unmaintained roads in Vinton County Ohio close to Tar Hollow State Park. There are miles of trails from stock friendly mild to pretty extreme. If you’re interested in more info, I can give you “road” names and tips. I will say that in my opinion, it would be worth the drive for you, but I would recommend having a local run with you the first time because it can be easy to get onto private property if you’re not careful. I use a GPS and it pretty much tells you where the “roads” are.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
It’s the good ole Midwest. It’s muddy even in a drought out here. I hate mud, but what do you do? :/

nbunga,
These are old unmaintained roads in Vinton County Ohio close to Tar Hollow State Park. There are miles of trails from stock friendly mild to pretty extreme. If you’re interested in more info, I can give you “road” names and tips. I will say that in my opinion, it would be worth the drive for you, but I would recommend having a local run with you the first time because it can be easy to get onto private property if you’re not careful. I use a GPS and it pretty much tells you where the “roads” are.

That looks like fun! Never been there. I’ll have to check that out!

Coop

Caught the Bug
Hour and a half from Columbus. How do you stay off private property?

JKJason

Hour and a half from Columbus. How do you stay off private property?

If you bring a GPS it'll keep you on the road. It's actually really easy. The property owners have their lands clearly marked. There are also road signs hanging up in the trees to show you where the roads are. As long as you don't blaze a new trail, you'll be fine.

eatsleepjeep

If you bring a GPS it'll keep you on the road. It's actually really easy. The property owners have their lands clearly marked. There are also road signs hanging up in the trees to show you where the roads are. As long as you don't blaze a new trail, you'll be fine.
Sorry for bringing this thread up from last year but this was the newest and most relevant thread i could find using the search feature. I wanted to see if you could share with me the GPS files for this area? I am in Ohio from time to time and i have looked for the trails (unmaintained public roads) in the Tar hollow area but i didn't have any luck finding them. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for bringing this thread up from last year but this was the newest and most relevant thread i could find using the search feature. I wanted to see if you could share with me the GPS files for this area? I am in Ohio from time to time and i have looked for the trails (unmaintained public roads) in the Tar hollow area but i didn't have any luck finding them. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome to Wayalife. Probably not going to happen:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...S-Coordinates-or-Trail-Directions-on-WAYALIFE

Top Bottom