Where to Trim the Fender Flares to Fit Larger Tires

Since we've had the opportunity to fit 35s, 37s and even 42 inch tall tires on a Jeep JL, we thought we'd pass along what we found as far where you may have to trim the fender flares. Much of this info came from our very own Tony Carvallo who was the program manager on the JL when he worked at FCA. The team did a good job of creating a wheel opening that would accommodate larger tires, but of course, we all like to push the envelope.

Just to avoid confusion, we should point out that no cutting or trimming is necessary when you use the Dynatrac EnduroSport lift kit to fit 35s on a Sport or Sahara, and 37s on a Rubicon.

TrailHunter

Hooked
When I was following that build with the 42” tires, I thought for sure you were going to have to remove that bottom section and the turn signals. So cool that you didn’t have to.

I don’t suppose those JL High fenders would fit on a JK? Asking for a friend.. [emoji51]

Coop

Caught the Bug
That is awesome with 42s! Can’t believe the minimal trimming!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dmarnes

42 tires

When I was following that build with the 42” tires, I thought for sure you were going to have to remove that bottom section and the turn signals. So cool that you didn’t have to.

I don’t suppose those JL High fenders would fit on a JK? Asking for a friend.. [emoji51]

Can you tell us what tire's brand is the 42 showned in the video.??

The JL fender flares won't fit on a JK (at least not without custom work). However, MOPAR offers High Top Fender Flares for the JL. The idea is the same...move the opening up to fit larger tires without as much trimming. We run these MOPAR flares on our Commando Green JK.

DSC_9913-lo-res.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
The JL fender flares won't fit on a JK (at least not without custom work). However, MOPAR offers High Top Fender Flares for the JL. The idea is the same...move the opening up to fit larger tires without as much trimming. We run these MOPAR flares on our Commando Green JK.

View attachment 308253

For sure! Love that setup you guys have and am already considering the high top fenders for my JK in the future... JL fenders are way cleaner though... Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom