Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

Been Around the Block phillypete's Avatar
    I was just looking for a higher range torque wrench. I have a Kobalt that tops out at 100 that has served me well. For the price this one is worth a shot.

I値l stick with my USA made Snap On. No sense in taking chances with something as important as torque.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
    I値l stick with my USA made Snap On. No sense in taking chances with something as important as torque.
    I totally understand where you're coming from especially when it comes to inch pounds. On big bolts that require higher torque, I personally don't see it as being as big of an issue. Be nice if everyone could afford a Snap On but I know most have a hard time justifying it. For me, I'd rather see guys working on their Jeep and to the best of their ability than not. But then, that's just me.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

For $400.00, why not?

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

You must have spare cash to burn . I definitely get some of the snapon stuff and have owned tons of their stuff, but in many areas, they are grossly overpriced. As important as torque is, I think if cheaper brand torque wrenches had a high rate of failure, that information would be widely known. I don't feel that I need to pay Snapon prices for a torque wrench.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    For $400.00, why not?

His name is cash burn, so .....

Fresh Catch
    I had this same torque wrench for about 2 days and wound up returning it.

The torque values were significantly off compared to my calibrated wrench with a similar range at work. At 200lb/ft, I was getting about 170lb/ft. The value differences were all over the place, too. 150 was 145, 250 was 240... If the differences were similiar across the range, I would have adjusted the end of the handle until I got close, but the adjustment made it even worse.

Maybe I was unlucky and received one bad apple. Amazon offered to make right by sending another one, but I was in a time crunch and wound up borrowing from a friend. So, I opted for the refund. I'll most likely order again in hopes for a winner the next time I need it.

Obviously if someone already owns a torque wrench they are happy with they wouldn稚 buy this. Unless they want a spare for their trail kit of course. And this is an excellent option for that and the home user who is building their tool collection.

A new TechAngle 1/2 drive Snap On is 600 bucks. Forgetting about the price it is also waaay overkill for just about everything a DIY弾r would need. Having to remember to keep new batteries and remove them could be problematic also if you don稚 use it daily.
    en hopup veritas

Fresh Catch

No complaints!

Bought a couple of years ago and have no complaints. Actually the opposite. It has served me well. Highly recommend.

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Obviously if someone already owns a torque wrench they are happy with they wouldn稚 buy this. Unless they want a spare for their trail kit of course. And this is an excellent option for that and the home user who is building their tool collection.

A new TechAngle 1/2 drive Snap On is 600 bucks. Forgetting about the price it is also waaay overkill for just about everything a DIY弾r would need. Having to remember to keep new batteries and remove them could be problematic also if you don稚 use it daily.
    I owned that digital Snap-On torque wrench and I would have been far better off with the Tecton one. The angle counter was nice but it frequently lost its calibration. I sent it in for warranty 3 times in 6 months before I told my dealer where he could stick it. I now use an older Snap-on clicker with a quick thumb screw adjustment that I absolutely love. Setting the desired torque only takes a second.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast