Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

Knows a Thing or Two elgordomucho's Avatar
    Just got mine in today, man this thing is beefy, great price also!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    i've got some Tekton tools in my box. they are pretty well built. my craftsman torque wrench on the other hand is pretty terrible. plastic locking collar does not stay locked at all.

Caught the Bug
    I own two of them. One for home and one to carry with me. Haven’t been disappointed with them at all. Price is nice as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just got mine yesterday. Pretty long and beefy (that's what she said) for a 1/2" drive torque wrench. The little click marks are pretty damn legible and easier to use compared to my other one.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Glad to hear you guys are just as happy with this torque wrench as I am. Certainly, I've paid more and got far less in the past.

Ha! This is great! I watched your LOD slider install video last night and suffered the same torque wrench envy I've experienced with several of the JL videos. So this morning I determined to add on to my box. I got on the forum and searched for "Torque Wrench" and this very timely thread popped up. Thank you!!!

Order in...

Been Around the Block jtpedersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    ...I've paid more and got far less in the past.
    True statement. My 1/2” arrived a couple weeks ago. Used it when putting in ball joint this past weekend. Nice unit, easy to read, well-worth $57 bucks. Birthday’s around the corner so I’ve left the 1/4 and 3/8 models as gift ideas.

It’s probably the heaviest torque wrench I’ve ever used for its size. One in each arm, can start doing curls .

I’d been casually shopping, looking for a new wrench to replace my Craftsman’s for a while. Alternatives were 4-5X more.

Thanks

Do you guys have a recommendation between the 10 - 150 lb vs. the 25 - 250 lb wrench? Thanks!

Been Around the Block SilverBack775's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Do you guys have a recommendation between the 10 - 150 lb vs. the 25 - 250 lb wrench? Thanks!
    Theron also makes one for 10-150lb. Check amazon

https://amzn.to/2oQQoKR

Been Around the Block SilverBack775's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

If you like to work on your own Jeep as much as I do, there's one tool that you absolutely need to have and that would be a torque wrench. Unfortunately, a good torque wrench can cost a LOT of money and it can be hard to justify especially if you don't do a ton of work on your Jeep and on a regular basis. Over the years, I've owned and used a wide variety of torque wrenches including dirt cheap ones from Harbor Freight and while were able to get the job done, the quality of their construction was so poor, they eventually fell apart on me. Needless to say, I started to look for a more, middle of the road torque wrench - something that was made better, could handle up to 250 ft. lbs. of torque and without costing a small fortune. And, that's when I came across the TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench.

Click below to buy now:
    TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

Unlike my last Craftsman torque wrench, the TEKTON has NO plastic parts to break or wear out, the dual-range scale it comes with is very easy to read and with a 26" length, you'll have a lot more leverage to get big bolts and nuts tightened to spec and with ease. Also, according to TEKTON, this torque wrench comes pre-calibrated with a +/- 4% accuracy.

At a cost of only $57 on Amazon, I've found this torque wrench to be an amazing buy and one that's been serving me well for quite some time now. And, it is for all these reasons that I am now making it a RECOMMENDED BUY.

BOUNS BUY
    There are plenty of things on your Jeep that need a more delicate inch pound tightening and the follow inch pound torque wrench is what I would recommend.

TEKTON TRQ21101 1/4-Inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdH tml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_t ype=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&pla cement=B01M12284X&asins=B01M12284X&linkId=c27ca687 7a0003c69137e1c317ca8cec&show_border=true&link_ope ns_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

PLEASE NOTE - Jeep parts and accessories purchased through Amazon links here on WAYALIFE will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    Awesome! I have one also, and started buying a lot of Tekton tools. Quality and price, you can’t beat them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast