Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack775 View Post
    Theron also makes one for 10-150lb. Check amazon
    Tekton makes both a 10 - 150 lb wrench ($38.52) and a 25 - 250 lb wrench ($55.41). I am about to order one but I'm not sure which to choose.

I believe I may use the settings below 25 lbs more often than the settings above 150 lbs but I don't know for sure. Hoping someone with greater experience than I could weigh in on my question. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Tekton makes both a 10 - 150 lb wrench ($38.52) and a 25 - 250 lb wrench ($55.41). I am about to order one but I'm not sure which to choose.

I believe I may use the settings below 25 lbs more often than the settings above 150 lbs but I don't know for sure. Hoping someone with greater experience than I could weigh in on my question. Thanks!
    Before I bought my Jeep I did not have any torque wrenches. Now I own 4..haha. The first one I bought was a HF 10-150. I used it for bead locks. I didn't like the way it felt and purchased a 20-150x3/8" Kobalt. Once you get over 100lbs you'll need extra leverage. That's when I purchased the 25-250x1/2" Kobalt. I also acquired an inch pound torque wrench and bought a beam type inch pound torque wrench. The two Kobalt wrenches are my go-to. The larger one is too big for tight areas and the small one just isn't enough for everything. Hope this helps...

Edit: Rereading it I realized that's a really 5 wrenches...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha! Yes it does help! Thanks for the advice!

I'll start with the 10 - 150 wrench...

Fresh Catch
    Been using the Tekton from the OP for two years now, it’s been great. After about 6 mo of use or so the little knob that is supposed to hold the torque setting started to pop loose during use, so I have to watch that the setting doesn’t rotate on me, but it hasn’t really been a big enough issue for me to test their replacement policy. Can’t beat the price.

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Do you guys have a recommendation between the 10 - 150 lb vs. the 25 - 250 lb wrench? Thanks!
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, you can find it here https://amzn.to/2oQQoKR

Another addition being tekton, I picked up their 15 set of wrenches from 8mm to 22mm that come in a rolled tool bag. Got tired of searching for wrenches in the bags I had.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Finally got around to ordering my wrench off Amazon...

Now on to ordering the thing I plan to use it on: My new EVO suspension. Thanks y'all!

My current torque wrench works fine but only goes up to 150. I need to change struts on my wife’s Explorer which requires 180 ft lbs. I picked one of these up today for $53 including tax.

IMG_6422.jpg
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456