Tariffs & You...Plan Ahead

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy,

Finally installing our new ARB fridge, I noted the Made in China sticker. Which then caused me to think, in case folks hadn’t thought about it yet...

If you’re thinking about buying a lot of things...such ARB components made in China (like a Fridge)...and have been dragging your feet, you may wish to pull the trigger now.

If the US follows through with a 25% tariff on more things from China, there’s an increased chance we’ll see a lot of stuff jump. All in, we’re around $1,200 for our 50qt fridge (fridge, mounting platform, tie-down kit, wiring kit...), could quickly become $1,600.

Biggest challenge is so much uncertainty. Maybe tariffs go in for a week, months, or not at all. But if your still looking at stuff for this season, maybe now’s not the time to delay any further.

$0.02

From what I am reading, the tariffs will stay in force until China removes them from US imports. The U.S. is simply looking for fair trade and having equal or no tariffs is the only way to do this. I have some insight since I own a company that actually imports electronic components and scales from China. While doing our research and looking at alternative options, I found that many products will not be hit with the tariffs. Luckily for me, only the aluminum upper case of our products had tariffs imposed on them. Although many products will see tariffs, the majority will most likely not be affected. Here is a good article that covers the basics:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-tariff-full-list-of-goods-products-2018-6

Howdy,

Finally installing our new ARB fridge, I noted the Made in China sticker. Which then caused me to think, in case folks hadn’t thought about it yet...

If you’re thinking about buying a lot of things...such ARB components made in China (like a Fridge)...and have been dragging your feet, you may wish to pull the trigger now.

If the US follows through with a 25% tariff on more things from China, there’s an increased chance we’ll see a lot of stuff jump. All in, we’re around $1,200 for our 50qt fridge (fridge, mounting platform, tie-down kit, wiring kit...), could quickly become $1,600.

Biggest challenge is so much uncertainty. Maybe tariffs go in for a week, months, or not at all. But if your still looking at stuff for this season, maybe now’s not the time to delay any further.

$0.02

Top Bottom