Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can EVO Short Lowers Work with 'Stock' Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jtpedersen View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't thought the steering stabilizer would have such an effect. Removed it today. Sure enough, straight-track, no pull to the left, as it should be.

Just need to shop for a different stabilizer now.

Find an OEM take off. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm running rough country as it was cheaper than an OEM. I think it was $50 with a relocation bracket to move it up. Seems to be working fine.

Been Around the Block jtpedersen's Avatar
    Crux of the problem was the stabilizer I originally selected. Planning to do lift and tires next year, thought i'd just buy one unit now that would work then (Rancho RS7000). Talking with Rancho today (forgot, they're in my backyard), they said, yep, that one's for big tires/lift...not suitable for sub-35s.

Fortunately it's an inexpensive item to rectify. Since I'm brushing 58K now, and I expect to do another 5K miles in the next 5 weeks, I'm going to go ahead and replace ball joints this weekend as well.

So, when Stitch grows up, maybe he'll get the RS7000 put back on .

Quote Originally Posted by jtpedersen View Post
    Crux of the problem was the stabilizer I originally selected. Planning to do lift and tires next year, thought i'd just buy one unit now that would work then (Rancho RS7000). Talking with Rancho today (forgot, they're in my backyard), they said, yep, that one's for big tires/lift...not suitable for sub-35s.

Fortunately it's an inexpensive item to rectify. Since I'm brushing 58K now, and I expect to do another 5K miles in the next 5 weeks, I'm going to go ahead and replace ball joints this weekend as well.

So, when Stitch grows up, maybe he'll get the RS7000 put back on .
    I may be wrong, but I think the 7000 is pressurized as well. I went with the 5000 because it's oil filled. It worked great with my 35s and also now with my 37s. Also, it's only $50.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12